Thread: Wim filter disappear in vlite when file are copied to directory

Wim filter disappear in vlite when file are copied to directory

I not be able to get vlite to get past the WIM filter install window. I have encompassed mounted the enormous ISO it desires to a virtual drive. I have comprised and position the wimgapi.dll in the vlite directory. I have the wimfltr register in the vlite directory. I have in addition copies the WIM files from commencing their wimfltr sub-directory to the vlite root. And reinstalled vlite commencing several sources. IT determine to not run. I am utilizing Win 7 x64. I run vlite as admin. I am not able to find out what I am doing wrong here I need some help here.

Re: Wim filter disappear in vlite when file are copied to directory

I am working with windows 7 rc x86, have comprised and downloaded vlite 1.2, inaugurated the monster waik package subsequent to burning to DVD, and tranquil not be able to get past the dependence display. I have comprised and even endeavor putting wimgapi.dll in the vlite root folder, and no accomplishment. I am confused. If somebody might give pleasure to give me a clue on how to continue, I would to a great extent appreciate it. I am having difficulty starting vLite on Windows 7. It says I necessitate the WIM filter so I inaugurated the Windows 7 version or description of WAIK and tranquil the WIM filter install buttons does not anything. I endeavor to copy the wimgapi.dll to vLite root physically other than tranquil nothing.

The wimfltr.sys on one occasion you have encompassed and downloaded the Vista SP1 version or description of WAIK and gotten those files then you are the entire superior to go. So I had inaugurated the Vlite, go subsequent to the instruction, installed the WAIK additional than vlite tranquil does not be familiar by means of it and asks me to install the VAIK when I press "install" for WIM Filter. I endeavor uninstalling the whole thing and install WAIK primary then vLite additional than no luck. I endeavor rebooting in addition. Does anybody be familiar by means of what the tribulations is for the solution. I copied wimgapi.dll file to vLite folder and it runs similar to an attraction.

I am not able to actually install a readme file. Even though there is 1.49GB of data on this imperceptible iso. I was wedged, too additional than immediately got vLite to run by doing the subsequent I had installed the X86 inf commencing this submission. I physically copied these two files, wimfltr.sys and wimgapi.dll, commencing the similar X86 folder and positioned them in the vLite folder. When I go subsequent to merely, vLite failed to run. When I did together steps (even although it seems superfluous), vLite runs. Additional than at present vLite crashes when I endeavor to identify folders and reports a "Mounting Image Error: create certain your temp folder in alternative is not a networked drive". This error continues even subsequent to I associate another temp folder in vLite. Worked completely extremely well for me.

Is not it constantly pleasant subsequent to months of aggravation trying to locate and fix something with the intention of in conclusion it occurs you locate a solution and fix the nagging and impending gloom tribulations and how uncomplicated the fix usually turns out to be. Well, in conclusion I have comprised and originate the fix to getting vLite to run and it simple. You have to immediately download and install this program to your vLite instillation directory, you be supposed to locate by means of the intention of your vLite determine to work similar to nothing was ever wrong in the first place. Well, nothing be supposed to of ever have been erroneous in the first place additional than in several case.

The majority deployment/installation scenarios are actually merely helpful for businesses with the intention of necessitate to image up multiple apparatus on a regular basis. On the other hand, the benefits of WIM are obtainable for home users as well. I do not be familiar by means of anybody who uses the entire the Windows defaulting, or maintain the entire the installed programs. So far by means of performing numerous installations of Vista, the primary thing I have comprised and completed is put out of action the Sidebar and UAC. I am by no means going to utilize them. The vLite lets you modify Vista pre-installation, and generate a bootable DVD by means of the entire the modifications in place. Depending on which version or description of Vista you are running by means of and how much content you strip out, vLite determine to generate a Vista install which fits onto a CD-R.