Thread: How can I move FINAL DRAFT program from MAC to Windows

How can I move FINAL DRAFT program from MAC to Windows

I have recently partitioned my hard drive on which I had Mac OS X installed in order to install Windows on it. Everything went perfectly fine and I was able to see both the installation working as it should be. Now I thought of transferring my applications from MAC to Windows. So here comes my problem. I want to move the Final Draft program from my Mac to Windows. But the problem is I don't how to move it. I don't think the mere copy of the folder will work in this case. Am I correct? Is there any other solution to this problem?

Re: How can I move FINAL DRAFT program from MAC to Windows

You are absolutely correct. You cannot run an application installed on MAC computer in Windows by just copy paste of the application folder. You have to install the application once again on that operating system. There may be some hacks to do this but that is wrong and even I don't know how to do it. This could corrupt your operating system as well resulting you to format the whole drive which you definitely don't want.

You can move or copy the installation of Final Draft from one computer to another or even one operating system to another one but it will not work. An installed version of an application is better than copy paste of its folder. If you copy or move the content of the folder in another computer or operating system, than the program will not work efficiently as it should be. So it is always recommended to perform the fresh installation of the software.

Why do you want to move the folder from Mac to Windows. You can even install the software itself from the setup file. Insert the Final Draft installation disk in the disk drive. You will have screen with an image that says Install Final Draft. Click on it and you will be directed to Final Draft Setup window. Click on Next. You will be asked to determine the destination folder. If you don't want to make any changes than click on Next button. Click on Next once again. This completes the installation of Final Draft on your Windows computer. Once you have the screen which says Final Draft has been successfully installed, you can click on Finish.