Thread: ERROR Showing Close the OLE server and restart

question ERROR Showing Close the OLE server and restart

I am receiving this alert Message "Close the OLE server and restart it out of Microsoft Access" when ever i try to open MS Access or any Access Database

I've googled it and found that this problem occur due to script blocking by Norton Antivirus........ but for past 4 years i 've never touch that STINK Product.

is my registry corrupted ?

any help shall be highly appreciated.

Re: ERROR Showing Close the OLE server and restart

if you are running any other antivirus then did you tried disabling it. you can als try reinstalling your ms office

Yes, I've AVG running and disabled it before and try both repair and reinstall ms office prior to your suggestion.
    Let me give some detail what i have tried
    1. Confirming that DCOM server Process Launcer is running or disable, well its fine
    2. registering Triedit.DLL and Ole32.dll by regsvr32.exe
    but still the problem persist

The solution to your issue is to use a standard imaging software to insert images and to also make sure to install this software on the client pc's. You can also use the Photo Editor that can be shipped with Office suite. Dont use MGI to insert the image's and the make sure incase if you are using then install it on the client pc's.

I am already running xp pro stantalone everything in my machine is fine except this error.
    i don't thing this is a good idea to use imaging here.

if i am Correct than this imaging can be done by norton ghost (STINK) again or may be some other same kinda product to deploy same material to multiple machine.

I dont think its a good idea to do what you've said.
    If i am wrong then i'll be happy if you elaborate your suggestion.

anyways thanks viceman.

Hi. I completely agree with you. I have the same problem. I don't use Nortons. Running AVG. I did the same as you and i still get the same error. I don't have any images in my db. Im getting the error from simple combo boxes. Each combo box has an event procedure attached to it and i am having endless problems. I don't think anyone really knows what the problem or the resolution to this is. I've asked the same question in about 50 different ways and all i get is "Check your Nortons". I DO NOT SUPPORT NORTONS. GIVE US ANOTHER ALTERNATIVE! I don't even think microsoft knows what the problem is because i've asked the same questions there. I don't mean any offense to anyone who is trying to help but this is becoming really frustrating now.
    Last edited by trevoriousd; 20-08-2010 at 06:26 PM.

This issue only comes when you try to work with Microsoft Access. Here when Access tries to communicate with OLE server then the error popped on your screen. For troubleshooting this you must ensure that you are connected to any particular server and also check that where does the OLE server is located. Then close OLE server and restart the same. If possible in the end re-install the OLE server.

Thank you for responding to my post. I really do appreciate it. I'v been asking for info and assistance all over and the reply that you gave me is the same as every one else......How do i close the ole server and reopen it out of access. It would be a great help if you could tell me. and then another thing. I can't see how that can be the problem because i have a few other forms in my db with the same type of combo boxes in them also with an event procedure attached to each and i don't get the pop up error. ?????

Hi trevoriousd,

I have heard that generally this problem is caused by Norton Antivirus. Take a look at this article and see if it addresses the issue you are experiencing.

295824 ACC2000: "A Problem Occurred While Microsoft Access Was Communicating
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=295824

ThumbsUp Re: ERROR Showing Close the OLE server and restart

Its Long time, but the the problem is due to disabling DCOM Server Process Launcher. open run...type services.msc then check if DCOM is set to automatic when window starts. right click point to Properties , in the startuptype:select Automatic from the combobox and start the service.............it should work.