Thread: How to convert PDF from Mac to Windows

How to convert PDF from Mac to Windows

I am running Snow Leopard on my computer. I have recently send an email with an attachment of a pdf file which was created on my Mac computer but the problem is that the recipient of the computer says that he is unable to see any content on his Windows computer. I have also send the same email to another person, who is running Mac, and he can see the content of the file. So does this means that the pdf generated in Mac cannot be opened in Windows computer? Is there any solution to open those pdf file, that are created in Mac operating system, on Windows computer?

Re: How to convert PDF from Mac to Windows

Are you sure the recipient of the email is having pdf reader installed on his computer? Basically, if you want to open a pdf file then you should be running a software which is capable of opening pdf files. Some of the software which can open a pdf file includes Adobe Acrobat Reader, Foxit PDF Reader etc. The recipient of the mail may not be able to see the content of the file because he tried to open the file in some other application which do not support pdf extension. Even Microsoft Word cannot open this kind of file.

What do you exactly want? Do you just want the recipient to see the content of the file or you want the other to be allowed to edit the file as and when required? If you just want the other person should be able to view the content and if the person cannot or do not have pdf supported application then you can even scan the file and send him an image of that file as an attachment. He should be able to view the content as normal image file. If you need the destination to have edit rights then he should have some application which supports pdf files. It is not at all possible to open the file without this.

Why don't you ask the receiver of the email to install some trial version of software that can open a pdf file. You will find a lot of application on internet that allows you to open such file. I personally use PDF Studio. It has a free trial version software which you can install on your computer. It even allows your to edit, modify, or create a new file. You can even secure your documents with the help of password. The software also has the feature to merge and split documents.