Thread: Windows Live Essentials components

Windows Live Essentials components

I would just want to know that is there any one who know all the features of Windows Live Components, if yes then please help me out . I am a computer technician and I fix all those customers computers who are having problem with it. On my most visits I have encountered Windows Live Essential on the customers Pc and when I ask them whether they use such option , so instead they reply that they really don’t know what and where this Windows live was in their computers. This feature are really irritating as the automatically gets updated when the system boots and it is effecting the speed of the computer. How to get rid of these issues., as now every new computer is having all the preinstalled softwares in it which are of no use.

Re: Windows Live Essentials components

I guess that this is not the right kind of issue you have come up with, all computers are having Microsoft Office preinstalled in it. Although it contains every thing right from Word to Onenote and Groove but most of the users frequently use just MS Word and MS Excel for their daily work . So it shouldn’t be that the computers should not have the OneNote or Groove in it. Also if you want something to get rid of it then you must uninstall the program. As far as Windows Live goes it is totally depend on the users who would like to use it. Since they contain many of the new features inherited in it.

I had written on the post that the softwares are by default come up with the options ticked on it like for example automatically update options. This is very confusing for the first time users as they don’t know what to do about this issue. So it would be beneficial that Microsoft installs the software with options unticked as default
    Also Windows Live Essential comes up with a browser toolbar by default which also contains Microsoft Silverlite where it does contains any options an any program can get installed with other components. This things really annoys me.

Well I guess that the users should search for the softwares functionality before even trying to open it as it might cause some problem in the future if the owner selects some unwanted options regarding the software. Although Windows Live is a good thing to have as it contains all the latest features and you can chat , watch video ,convert them , add photos so it not that it is crapware . Microsoft has added the softwares from the customers point of view and not for their own purposes.

1) I think that Windows Update and Microsoft update are different from each other. In windows update the updates are on the basis of the OS you are using , so this kind of the update is essential for you so it is advisable to keep that option fully enabled.
    As far as Microsoft update is concerned , it updates the Microsoft software that you are currently using , so you can disabled the options for which you don’t want the update to be carried out. It is best advised to uninstall the software which you don’t want to use as it yield to much of the memory.