Thread: Issues with the Corel WinDVD 9

Issues with the Corel WinDVD 9

I have the WinDVD 9 for me and I would say that it is not the issue. The only thing that has made me little sad is the release of the WinDVD 10. It was released after a week when I purchased the WinDVD 9. Well I would have been a lot happy if I would have got the latest one in my kitty. Now the issue with the WinDVD 9 is that it gives me some error, and does not play the HD movies or the Blu-ray one. The error says that the AACS key has expired. What do you think what should I do. It has not been more than 10 days and the thing is that I want to have the latest WinDVD 10 and I think that the latest one will be able to handle the situation in a much better way. Please come up with some solution guys.

Re: Issues with the Corel WinDVD 9

Well regarding the replacement I have no idea about the same. I think that it will be best if you can ask about the same there. Well as per the rules I have seen that if the product is with you for more than 10 days and you are facing difficulties with the product than you can have the replacement for the same. But the product will be replaced and you will get the same model instead. So I do not think that they will handle you the latest WinDVD if you will ask for the replacement. Well I have seen the WinDVD 9 and I would say that it is not much different from the previous one. Both the products were launched in the same year and hence I am getting the feeling that they will be similar in almost all aspect.

No I do not think that both the version of the WinDVD is the same whether you consider them on the functionality scale or on any other scale. Well I am also stuck with the same issue and when I thought of discussing about the same with them and they told me that if on the system I am using the Windows 7 then it is not going to work on the same. They have mentioned that it is not at all supported on the Windows 7. After that when I talked about the Blu-ray error they told me if I am trying to run the play new 2010 releases of Blu-Ray DVDs then they will fail to play on the WinDVD 9 and on the older versions. When I asked the reason they simply told me that these products are at the end of the development and hence nothing like the compatibility updates will be released for the same. What is this, I am really upset with the words of them. What would you all suggest me?

Well all that we can do is wait and see if they will response to the complaints that are lodged in their complaint box. The only other way I think is that if you have just bought the product i.e. less than 10 days then I think that if you ask them so that they can have a replacement done then I think it will be the best solution so far. Well give it a try and let us know if they replaced the same for you. Do post.

Well if you have asked regarding the issue with them and they have said that it is not going to work in the manner that you are expecting then I think there is hardly anything that we can help you with. Well if you want you can try to manually remove the WinDVD 9 and then try to reinstall the same thing. I am sure that if there is some minor bug or something that is ignorable then you will be able to receive the thing on the WinDVD 9. Try it on your own and if you encounter any issue with the removal of the WinDVD 9 then you can ask me the steps in your next post. Please see if you can have the WinDVD 9 exchanged for the WinDVD 10. Do post if any of the things makes difference for you.

There are some of the threads that have the similar titles and I would like you to have a look on the same and see if they can have something for you so that the problem can be solved or at can be tackled. Just have a look on the same and see if the following threads can help you in any manner. Here are the links: 1. Problem with my WinDVD 9 software, 2. PowerDVD vs Corel WinDVD 9 and 3. Playing Blu-ray discs in x64 Corel WinDVD 10

I want to give try to the removal that you were talking about JonathanD. I think that it is worth of giving it a try. Please tell me the steps that I will be required to follow so that I can uninstall the WinDVD 9 and reinstall the same on the system. Is there any special procedure that I need to follow? I thought that it will be as simple as I used to do with the other softwares. Really I am upset with this company and I feel if they are saying that the WinDVD 9 is not going to support the Blu-Ray releases that have been released lately then why were they selling it in that period of time and now when they were selling the same then why are not they providing the support. At least they should take care of the compatibility issues. Well give me the steps and I will see if that exchange is at all possible.

Well here it is for what you have asked for. I am not sure if it will work perfectly but if the exchange is the last option then I think that you should try whatever you can before the exchange can be done. Yes there are some special things that you will have to take care while removing the WinDVD 9, just follow the steps below and I am sure that it will help you in removing the WinDVD 9:
    • As the first step you will have to unhide all the files and folders.
    • Then go to the My Computer, and then go in to the C: drive.
    • In C: drive search for the folder named "Documents and Settings".
    • In that folder go in InterVideo folder.
    • In that folder you will be able to see a "DVD9" folder.
    • Erase that folder.
    • In addition to that go to the C:\Program Files\InterVideo\Common. In that location you will find the folder BIN and you will have to delete the same as well.
    • In the same path you will have to look for the InterVideo folder and it has to be deleted as well.