Thread: How can I edit an mpeg file?

How can I edit an mpeg file?

I am passionate about watching cartoon movies and cricket matches. I have collected a lot of cartoon movies and recordings of live cricket matches.Since I have downloaded those recordings from a television based website, there are a lot of commercials in it .I want all those videos to be edited and cut those commercials as they are eating a lot of disk space and this is driving me crazy so please suggest me fi there is any software that can help me in editing those videos.

Re: How can I edit an mpeg file?

I understand it is very annoying when the disk space is occupied by these commercials. You can edit these videos without spending a single penny on buying any software. I recommend you to download Mpg2Cut2. It will not cost you anything as it is a free software. You can join, merge or append and cut or split not only MPEG files but even DAT/VCD/SVCD and VOB/DVD, TS/HDTV files as well.

I would too recommend you the same software suggested by Super Cop. but if you are using Windows Vista or windows 7, check the RGB from view, and if you want a clear display, do not use the overlay. Although Mpg2Cut2 has many inbuilt options, you will find this software very easy and user friendly. You can type the part of the video you want within [ ] symbol and can navigate between the frames using <> symbol.

You can also use Windows movie maker.
    When you download video from your camera to your computer, Windows Movie Maker splits your video (which might be a full hour long) into shorter clips that are easier to work with, and then adds the clips to a collection. Each time you stopped or paused recording with your video camera, Movie Maker created a separate clip.If you notice that Movie Maker did not break your video into clips, you might have cleared the Create clips for video files option, which is selected by default. Follow the steps in Create video clips to divide your movie into smaller clips.Once you have divided your video into clips, you can immediately drag the clips from the collection to your storyboard to create a movie. Then you should trim the video clips to show only the most important moments.
    Trim video clips:
    Follow the given steps to trim a video :
    • Drag clips from your collection to the storyboard at the bottom of the window.
    • Select the clip you want to trim. Then click the Play button on the Preview Monitor.
    • Let the clip play until it gets to the point where you want to trim it. Then click the Split Clip button on the Preview Monitor. This cuts your clip into two separate clips at the current point in the video and adds the new clips to your storyboard.
    • Delete the portion of the clip you no longer need by right-clicking it and then clicking Delete.
    • Repeat this process for each clip. You can split clips several times to use more than one moment from a clip. If you do a lot of editing, you might find it easier to use the timeline view, which shows you how long each clip will play. To use the timeline view, click the Show Timeline button.

I can suggest you a few more tools that will help you to trim the videos as you want them. AVI & MPEG Splitter is a tool that is used to cut and and trim the AVI and MPEG files as per the need. This is a windows based software .This software supports large videos of even more than 2GB of size. This is a user friendly tool and once the video is edited, it does affect the quality of the video. There are many more such tools available namely: 101 MP3 splitter for MP3 , IBN Video splitter, MP3 Surgeon etc.