Thread: Audio files or formats to store musical tracks separately

Audio files or formats to store musical tracks separately

Is there any professional music editor who can help me? I want to separate the instrument track from the mp3 file or any other kind of audio file. Wait, I know it is possible. My question is different. Is there any kind of audio or music file format that stores instrument or vocal tracks separately? I know that music or sound recorder records this way then merge it into one. But I want it in separate tracks in music file. Do you have any ideas?

Re: Audio files or formats to store musical tracks separately

I think you are not much aware about the rules and copyright conditions about the music files. The new music files won’t allow you to store the instrument and vocals on separate files and also the company won’t distribute like that. This feature was ended long time ago. The makers don’t distribute like this format because of the stealing and pirated issue. And also it takes much memory to distribute like this.

The only thing you can do in order to get the separate kind of instrument tracks from the musical files is to break into the recording studio. Even also the MIDI cannot do this. You can’t retrieve the single instrument files from the source file and it will not allow doing it. You can get the instrument file together only if you can effectively remove the vocals and bass. There some songs which have their individual tracks. They may be either leaked or intentionally released.

There are special kind of files called tracker files that stores instrument and the notes. The ReNoise and the MadTracker allows you to create it separately. Don’t ever think about removing the parts from the mp3 file. It cannot be possible only if you are creating yourself from the scratch. The one good sound editor software named Audacity will store the tracks per instrument from the scratch only. You can then store it any way if possible.

There is a good software called FlAC Ripper. But the problem is it works only with FLAC files and CUE files. If you have FLAC+CUE music CD image file then you can extract the individual tracks from it. Then you can store this tracks in any file format which are available in the software. The CUE file contains the information about the every single track contained in the FLAC file. If this CUE file is not available then you will no longer able to extract it.