Thread: Error problem while clicking on web link in Outlook or Excel

Error problem while clicking on web link in Outlook or Excel

Everytime I click on a web link in Outlook or Excel I get the following error message: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your administrator.

Everything has been working great until I installed a software update and it installed Google Chrome and I wasn't aware of it until complete. I saw this was now my default internet program and I went into Control Panel, Programs and uninstalled Google Chrome. I have made Internet Explorer my default internet but I still get the message.

Can anyone help me?

Re: Error problem while clicking on web link in Outlook or Excel

You can sort the issue well that is by logging to the admin account and then look for the assigned configuration. You have to check out that is click on User Configuration and then Administrative Templates. After this click on System. Verify the policies that are enabled. I hope this may resolve your query out very well. I do not think the issue is with the application that you have installed. Check out for GPO assigned under Admin rights.

Re: Error problem while clicking on web link in Outlook or Excel

Salvatore:
    Thanks for the input but I am confused as to what you are recommending I do to fix this.

You said:
    You can sort the issue well that is by logging to the admin account and then look for the assigned configuration.

I'm not sure what you mean by "look for assigned configuration."

You have to check out that is click on User Configuration and then Administrative Templates. After this click on System. Verify the policies that are enabled. I hope this may resolve your query out very well. I do not think the issue is with the application that you have installed.

Check out for GPO assigned under Admin rights.

What does GPO stand for?

I just am not grasping what you recommend. Everything was correct and worked well while in Outlook I clicked on a hyper link to a web address and it would launch Internet Explorer. The same while in Excel. The problem occured after a software program Dell Remote Access loaded during a trouble call a year ago updated CCleaner to clean the registry up. It updated and loaded Google Chrome and then set itself as the default Internet browser. When I noticed this I went into the control Panel and uninstalled Google Chrome. And now NONE of the web hyper links launch Internet Explorer anymore.

I have gone into Default programs and made Internet Explorer my default browser. I am the ONLY user of this laptop so when I go into user accounts mine is it and I am an Administrator.

I just can't crack the code on getting it back to where it was.