Thread: Apple iTune: Problem on PING, how to disable it?

Apple iTune: Problem on PING, how to disable it?

I have a brand new iPod touch with the iTunes application on the MAC OS compatible computer at my home. I install the PING application in my device for the, but there is problem on the ping application, which is not working for the share the music file in the network, I am using the hi-fi internet service. I tried to remove but not able to do this, it not removing from the iTune application, what should I do to remove this? Any other suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: Apple iTune: Problem on PING, how to disable it?

To remove the Ping from the iTune application, go to the iTunes preferences and there you should able to disable te program. In the future if you wish to again enable this, then just go to the iTunes preferences and enable the program. I had the similar issue with the ping of the itune in my windows computer, then I did this with the step that I mentioned, I hope you can disable this with the process.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

First you simply come out form the iTune application and then, I don’t think so it will necessary but it will take the effect in the secure way of the remove of the ping application. Start for the Terminal.app, it should be situating in the utilities folder of the Applications folder, a pop-up window will open with the blank page, you have to insert the “last login” and the “poot-le” and hit on the ENTER. After that you will got a response of the command prompt that you inserted in the last step. The information will stop the button of the ping in the iTune, you might be have to provide the setting for the old-style arrow buttons of the ping in the iTune program. The setting is for the default behavior of the arrow, will precede the user to the store page of the Apple iTune application. Or you can also go to the store own library option of the iTune application.

I did this with a very simple procedure to remove the PING program from the iTune application, it works, like to suggest you to do the operation with this procedure, it will definitely help you. Just wait for few minutes after enter the code that I mentioned in the below in the terminal window, it will gather the information of the last use of the network.
    1. Quit iTunes and open Terminal.
    2 .Insert the code in the terminal “window defaults write com.apple.iTunes hide-ping-drop down 1” and press on ENTER button.
    3.it will verify the log in details of the user and the last show you the last lo in information of the user.

The ping program is allow to access the built in feature in the ipod device for the next to each sound track. If you are MAC User then the simple solution is go to the terminal window of the itune application , by going to the clicking to the Spotlight icon then go to the Terminal option which will found in the corner of the screen. Type the line “defaults write com.apple.itunes hide-ping-drop down –bool” and press on ENTER or click on YES. Re-launch the iTune application first press on the return and then quit from it. And if you are using the windows version then type the following line and insert it in the search option under the Run button.

• “C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe” /setPrefInt disablePingSidebar 1
    • “C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe” /setPrefInt show-store-link-arrows 1
    • “C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe” /setPrefInt hide-ping-dropdown 1