Thread: iTunes error: "We could not complete your iTunes request. The network connection is timed out".

iTunes error: "We could not complete your iTunes request. The network connection is timed out".

Hello everyone, I have an Iphone purchased just few weeks ago. Its really a cool phone to hang out with. My problem is that whenever i try to login to my iTunes account it is continuously giving me an error messages saying " We could not complete your iTunes request. The network connection is timed out". This is happening from last few days and I really dont know what the problem is. Can anyone help to figure out this problem. My wifi network is working fine as I am able to access other websites with ease.

Re: iTunes error: "We could not complete your iTunes request. The network connection is timed out".

hi, I would like to tell you that itunes doesnt works when Windows firewall is on. So if your Windows Firewall is on then you might have difficulty in accessing your iTunes account, since iTunes is disabled when Firewall is on. So you can either switched off the Windows Firewall option so as to allow access to iTunes account. Or, you can also put iTunes.exe and iTunesHelper.exe in the Firewall rules to be allowed. You can use either of the option and can see which is useful for you. if neither of this works then there can be a possibility that your iTunes is corrupted. So you should download a new version of Itunes.

Re: iTunes error: "We could not complete your iTunes request. The network connection is timed out".

Hey i was also facing the same problem and and this is what i tried to overcome the solution. Since I was also using Norton I had the same problem of not allowed access to iTunes account because most firewall doesnt allow them to do. Even after allowing firewall to access the iTunes it was not. So after trying various solutions I finally did this and eventually it worked for me.
    You can follow this step.
    1 Remove the Itunes from the list, and save the changes and close out of the Norton setup.
    2 Then go back in and allow itunes again, save the changes.
    3 Then restart itunes.
    This should definately work for you.

Hello everyone, I was also facing the same problem and I took some advice from my friends, they suggested me with a solution of turning off and then again turning on the Firewall. But neither of it worked for me. I was really frustrated since I was unable to solve the problem for weeks. I even tried installing new iTunes software for the same but again the same result also i rested my network but got the same result. Finally, i call my ISP and he suggested me that it was some internet problem and due to that I was unable to login to my account. Since the problem was from the iTunes client, which eventually got fixed later and I was to access my account with ease.

My experience is almost identical to Dennis' "This bit is important" - except
    My experience is almost similar to all of you who are having problem with iTunes access. I think this has to be an Apple side problem, considering the amount of post which we all have seen. I even tried contacting Apple for my issue but all the said is to reset my iPhone which did not work. I guess Apple is taking this seriously and working on the solution.