Thread: iTunes 10.0.1 : Remote speakers does not work after update

iTunes 10.0.1 : Remote speakers does not work after update

I have macbook air and updated iTunes to 10.0.1 and I got an issue in which music and other audio files are no longer playable through AirTunes via an airport express or using other setup using the speaker button. Now I am stuck to use my Computer speakers. After this I was unable to select remote speakers, remote speaker options are shown but can not be selected. I get an error 15000. Before this installation everything is working fine and I have checked all my preferences are OK and connection is unchanged. Does any one has any idea to get rid of this trouble? Your suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: iTunes 10.0.1 : Remote speakers does not work after update

Have same problem, have two remote airport speakers and iTunes 10.0.1. Speakers are displayed fine in iTunes but I can not select them because it instantly returns to computer speaker. The checkbox does not stay checked and you could not pick them if you choose multiple.I can not find anything in logs in console.app either. I booted other mac to test and it connects fine. Do you have fix for this solution?Thank in advance for your valuable suggestion.

I would suggest you to check your Firewall settings as it might happen that iTunes create extra entries in windows firewall. See your firewall settings for any duplicate entries and remove this duplicate entries. Do one more thing unblock ant items marked by Bonjour or iTunes. See to it that items are set to private network rather then public network. To access firewall settings:
    Go to start menu and select run and type Firewall.cpl and click ok.
    And perform all the above suggestions to get rid of your problem. If you have any other issue related to this let me know.

I was having this issue on windows 7 after updating iTunes to 10.0.1. I can see the speakers but network connection failed message is displayed. I resolve this issue by allowing Inbound traffic on private firewall and when I set it back to BLOCK(default setting) the trouble appeared again and I could not reach the speakers. I see in Firewall rules for itunes I have three rules set by iTune. I try disabling them but this has no effect. So finally I create a new rule allowing all my traffic to iTunes on the private network only and now it is working fine. But I do not have any idea about firewall. Can any one suggest if I have put my machine or network at risk?

You are not suppose to leave your firewall OFF or nor open your network to all Inbound traffic. This will expose your system to outside world. The issue is that iTunes firewall is set to TCP only you are suppose to adjust it to any protocol.Setting it back to TCP re causes the same trouble.
    1. If you have change your firewall setting then first restore it to it's original setting.
    2.Go to start menu and load Windows Firewall with advanced security.
    3.From left hand pane select Inbound rules.
    4.Locate your iTunes rule. Edit one on Advance tab and set it to apply to domain and private profiles.
    5.Right click to edit properties of iTunes rule. Under Protocol type switch existing TCP rule and click OK.
    6. iTunes will now work properly.

I try the firewall instruction mentioned above to get rid of my trouble but I got an error message from windows firewall. When I deleted all the Firewall profiles and restarted iTunes and at this time iTunes ask me for correct windows firewall permission and the problem was resolved. This is why some of the users have found that reinstalling iTunes fix the issue.

Having the same issue with iTunes 10.0.6 and the above solution does not seem to fix my problem. so I downgraded my iTunes 10 to iTunes 9.2.1.Those who are getting this issue or having trouble with third-party plugin follow the below idea to get ir resolved:
    First you need to delete the below mentioned files:
    1.Any iTunes application from Applications
    2.Library/Preferences/com.apple.iTunes.plist, this is library folder inside user folder delete it.
    3.Library/Receipts/iTunes.pkg, This is library folder at root level
    4.Library/Receipts/ iTunesX.pkg
    Now download and install iTunes 9.2.1 and run the installer process. You may need to recreate the iTunes library. hope this will resolve your problem.