Thread: error 0x80280008 occurred during the installation of windows live

error 0x80280008 occurred during the installation of windows live

Recently bought a HP computer with the windows XP pro operating system, install the Windows Live application in my computer with the live instant manager. From a few days I encountered with the windows live application, then I tried to re-install the windows live, but I can’t do this, a error is appearing during the installation of the windows live in my computer. It gives the essential error message flashes as the “error 0x80280008”. I restart the machine and the internet connection but after that it still not permits me to install the application. What should I do? Any solution for the installation..?
    Last edited by Baijnath; 29-10-2010 at 09:40 PM.

Re: essentials error 0x80280008 occured during the installation of windows live

There is a simple that I know for the installation of the Windows live application in the XP operating system compatible machine. I hope it will help you if you will go through the process.
    1. make sure that you are logged in with the Administrator user ID and the password.
    a) Click on Start and then click on to the Explore.
    b) Scroll to the My Computer folder, in the navigation pane of the window.
    c) Go to the Manage under the properties window of the My Computer.
    d) you will found Local Users and Groups folder in the left panel, select Groups from there.
    e) Go to the properties under the Administrator option of the windows which is situating ion the right side of the window.
    f) Verify that the user name of the Administrator is present in the Member list of the window. If you did not found the user name then close all the application and then log in with the another user ID but before that save all the data of your machine.

I suggest you to disable the firewall option of the window that you are using in your machine, either this one is the windows or the nay third party Antivirus software, because some option on the fire wall which are use for the protect the window from any affect from the network, so it might be interrupt the server to stop the update of the windows live. Do not use any other browser instead of the Internet Explorer to update the version or to install the application, or to download any other product of the windows live. After the install of the windows live then you can again enable the firewall option. To disable this you have to go to the firewall option under the security feature that you are using, disable the option of the firewall monitoring the network. I hope this will allow you for the installation of the windows live into your machine.

Make sure that you are having the sufficient space to download and install the application. Go to the windows explorer by right click on the start button on the window. Go to the properties of the primary drive by right click on the drive where you install the application. You have to make up to 200 MB or more than that to install it. Use the option of the system cleaner before install it into your machine. You can access that one by insert the command “cleanmgr” on the Run option under the start button. You can also do this operation by applying the Disk Cleanup feature in the installing drive; it will remove the unused file space.

re: error 0x80280008 occurred during the installation of windows live

Windows applications are generally very much to down and to install in the computer, as per my opinion. You should first make sure that the machine where you tried to install the window application; this is fulfilling the requirement for the installation. The download window will direct you for the instruction for the download as well as the installation window will also redirect you for the installation of the application. Are you registered with the MSN? If yes then the MSN might the problem of the installation of the application, some of the windows application installation are getting corrupted for the MSN. Just go through the process for the installation which mentioned in the other post it will surely help you to install the windows live application in your machine, I suggest you with the steps because I also did the solution with the process.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!