Thread: iTunes 10 won't import from CD

iTunes 10 won't import from CD

I have Macbook pro and installed Mac OS X 10.6.4. I have recently updated my iTunes from iTunes 9.2 to iTunes 10.The problem is that when I try to import CDs into iTunes it behave strange. I insert CD and snow leopard recognizes and show in defender.iTunes show the CD for few sec and start to jump between CD and music segment.The go on for minutes and then suddenly CD gone in iTunes and Finder did not show the CD even if it is there in the DVD drive. I think this might be a software bug or I am doing something wrong? Does any one have any answer to this so that I can get resolve this problem?

Re: iTunes 10 won't import from CD

I have same problem with iMac. CD disc is recognized nice and I can play them but when I attempt to import it in iTunes I get an error message saying that disc cannot be found. I have tried this with different CDs but the problem is with all the CDs. It is certain that system were able to import CD before version 10 (iTunes). I need songs in different format so I need it. But it does not work any more. So does I need to uninstall the iTunes 10 and reinstall the version which was working fine before? Or Is there any solution to get rid of this problem. Thank in advance for your valuable suggestion.

I have this issue with iTunes 10. The CDs could neither be played in iTunes 10 nor be imported in iTunes 10. So I unchecked the "automatically retrieve CD track means from Internet" option and now it is working fine. I can play an import CDs again.The only drawback in this trick is that you need to type all the information in yourself.While this is not a real solution as apple will fix this. But this could give my iTunes back to me and typing names and other information is not a big deal for me.

I too have the same trouble with iTunes 10 but I got a solution that gives good result. The problem is with connection to Gracenote CDDB when I try to import tracks removing automatic names, iTunes said Cd not in catalogue. I close iTunes and open Roxio's Toast Titanium. CD came back in finder, and the second nice thing is that trying to get names of tracks from Roxio's Toast Titanium works fine also with the CD that iTunes did not find. After this I close the Roxio's Toast Titanium and reopen iTunes and this time CD has named and tags. Hope this will help you to get rid of this trouble.

I have this trouble with iMac but it is working on my Macbook pro. The problem with Macbook pro is that Cd is not shows up first time and when I eject it and insert it again, this time it shows up and get track names. Or the other solution is I simply quit iTunes and restart then it shows up. But on iMac nothing works. So I found this thread where it was mentioned to disable Automatically retrieve CD track names from internet". I try this and it works for me but it is pretty inconvenient.

I have found something that might work. I have iTunes 10 and it is working fine I try to copy some files from user preference to my iMac where I have the trouble. I just transfer the below file from my Laptop to my imac.Go to user/library/preferences:com.apple.finder.plist, CDInfo.cidb, com.apple.itunes.plist,By Host folder. I try to just copy Info.cidb file before but it did not work. I do not know which file transfer helped. I think it might be By Host Folder. So if you are having any computer that works then try transferring above mentioned file. This will not work by simply deleting the file.

I have this problem on my Macbook pro with iTunes 10 but same Cd is working fine in Macbook air with iTunes 9.2. I get working iTunes 10 by turning on Error correction in iTunes. Follow the below instruction to do this:
    Go to iTunes/ preferences/ General Click on import settings which is next to When you insert a CD. Click on Use error correction when reading Audio CDs to make it checked.This is working for me.