Thread: Use of silent switch in nlite addon maker for Office 2003

Use of silent switch in nlite addon maker for Office 2003

I have a desktop machine which is been installed with Windows 7. I have a addon maker but the thing is that I want to know a way through which I can make silent witch in nlite addon maker for Office 2003 application. I do not know how to make and use it. Please help me out with the the required parameters that needs to be assigned. Hope the query will be sorted and make the changes as required.

Re: Use of silent switch in nlite addon maker for Office 2003

There is a certain script which you neeed to go through for the same and then make the desired changes to be performed. You have to look out for the config file that will let you to function out the code which will be helpful. As far as that is concerned I would suggest you to look out for RunOnceEx config.txt. the below code suggests for the same.

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
    RunProgram="WindowsDefender.msi /qn TRANSFORMS=NoLaunch.mst /norestart"
    AutoInstall="hidcon:reg add HKLM\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnceEx\\windefender /v Install /d %%S\\WindowsDefender.exe /f"
    GUIMode="2"
    ;!@InstallEnd@!
    I hope this is a mini script for which you can make the installation. It is just an example type. Look out.

I will suggest you some video footages which will help you out for making the implementation of the same. This will be required as it demonstrates well how to make use and make it to run. The silent switch mode is been discussed out well in parts. You can check out on the link that is been given as below:

Watch out for the tutorial on Youtube

Look for the above posted tutorial video. You may then be able to get work with the addons and make it function as you required. This will be helpful and can hence make it function for you.

There are certain parameters which needs to be present for making the thing to be processed which you need. Following are the requirements as mentioned:

• You should have the Silent Switch Maker
    • A 7-Zip
    • The Universal Extractor
    • CMenu or SendToA3X
    • Orca or InstEd
    • Not necessary but a Resource Hacker

This are the basic entities which is required for making a silent switch. Check out.

There is a pattern and some procedure through which you can make it run or process well as required. For the same you have to check out for the thing that is follow the steps as mentioned below:

1. Firstly you have to download the 7Z archiver and you have to then extact and place the 7zsd.sfx in a new folder.
    2. Now download the 7za zip and get the laatest version
    3. You have to extarct and place only the 7za.exe in the same folder as 7zSD.
    4. Make the UPX to be downloaded and extract and place only the upx.exe in the folder where 7zSD and 7za are placed
    5. Now you have to make a subdirectory with name bin and now you have to copy all the installation files
    6. You can modify the icon of the installer by replacing it in 7zsd.sfx
    7. Then you have to navigate to the folder Version Info in ResHacker by opening 7zsd.sfx and rename the values of "CompanyName" and "FileDescription".
    8. Create a Config.txt in the same folder as 7zSD, 7za and UPX