Thread: FaceTime Activation: "Could not sign in. Please check your network connection and try again".

FaceTime Activation: "Could not sign in. Please check your network connection and try again".

Hello folks, I am using Airport Extreme base station wi-fi network. All the application including iChat and Skype works fine on my mac using this network, but when I use FaceTime it is unable to connect it and always give me an error. All I get is this message each and every time:
    FaceTime Activation
    "Could not sign in. Please check your network connection and try again".

I did checked it out many times but again i keep on getting the same error. Can anyone help me to sort this problem as I dont know what the really the problem is.

Even i am facing the same problem with my network whenever i try to connect it to Facetime. Whenever I attempt to login to Facetime, i repeatedly get error messages that my username and password is incorrect. However, i am using the same user id and password to login to my iTunes successfully. Cann any one tell me where the real problem lies. Is that the FaceTime dosent accepts same user id and password that are there for iTunes or that my network wifi is having some error or the FaceTime itself is corrupted.

Hey even i was facing the same problem when i was attempting to login to my FaceTime account, i was also continuously getting an error message. This is what i did to solve this problem and gradually it worked for me. I just turned off my wifi connection and then again turned on again. Then again I Logged in to my account and was successfully able to login thereafter. If this dosent works for you then you might have to download the FaceTime software again since the problem would have been in the software itself.

I guess all are facing the same problem, and it appears as though FaceTime only uses Apple ID as a email address. So if you are using some other Id then you should go to Apple site and change your Id and then using that Id you should be able to login properly. If not than you have to contact Apple site to overcome this problem. See whether which one works for you.