Thread: Can't Open Excel from Skydrive/Office Live Account

Can't Open Excel from Skydrive/Office Live Account

I am have an Sky drive account in that there is many of the different files in it, when i open files then all the files opening but when i try to open the excel spreadsheet files then i shows an error, i could not see the error because it appears for a seconds. I have done validations to this file. i don't know what to do now if anyone having suggestions on this then please tell me.

I think this problem can be solve by again saving it to the Skydrive directory, and for that you have to use the web app to open it in the excel file format, after opening the file, click on the save as option by going into the file menu on the menu bar. Rename it and save it to the Skydrive directory. Then after then file can open in the live account of the Skydrive. I hope this information may help you.

In my recommendation you should visit the Skydrive site on this because I think that there is not a one reason for this. You can find the answer on your question at this site. And do the changes as the necessary. Here I have provided you the link of the site www.windowslive.com and I think you should go through it. If you are having any other query then please reply me.

I was getting the same problem with the excel file format, that is when I uploaded it to my live account, a red exclamation mark is appears beside it, and then I did changes to its extension by changing the extension then after I can opened it in the live account. I assume that your problem may be same and I advise you to change your excel file extension to .xls, if it is in .xlsx format or .xlsx if it is in .xls format. After doing so, i hope you can able to open the file.

This can be happens due to the corrupted file. I can be able to upload my excel file format to the Skydrive but then after closing the when I was again opened it accidentally a message is popped that says that file is corrupted. I think the same thing is happened with you that your file has been corrupted if possible create copy of that file.