Thread: iTunes 10 : Burn CD icon missing

iTunes 10 : Burn CD icon missing

Hi everyone, i have got some problem with my itunes 10 can someone please help me to sort this out. I am running the Windows XP on my computer and yesterday I decided to burn the CD using iTunes and when i added all the songs which i want on the CD and then finally decided to burn the CD, I found out that there was no burn option on the menu list. I did search every where but I was unable to locate the burn icon button. On the features page of itunes 10, it says the burn functions is there but the burn icon is currently not present anywhere. Can anyone tell me does iTunes has the options for burning the CD or not. If its there than from where shall if find this out.

According to me the burn icon is not present any where on iTunes 10 even though the burn function is there, so its obvious that you can burn the CD. Itunes might have not built the burn icon but it has the possibility to burn CD using it. So if you want to burn the CD then you just have to right click from the playlist, the songs which you would like to burn and the select "Burn playlist to CD". This should definately work for you, if it not then you might have to contact Apple to solve the problem.

Yes its sure that iTunes doesnt have a burn icon on it and yes we can definately burn a CD using itunes.
    To burn CD you have to
    • Open up the playlist that you want to burn.
    • Go to File.
    • Select "Burn Playlist to Disc".

Apart from burn icon there is even no notification whether the CD has finished burning. So you wont b able to know whether the CD has burn completely or not when your sound is off.

Yes you can burn a CD using iTunes even if it does not have a burn icon on it. You ca do it by selecting the playlist and then click on "Burn Playlist to Disc". This way you will be able to burn the CD. Even if this doesnt works for you then it might be that you have to again reinstall the itunes software. Since 32-bit version iTunes application will not have CD/DVD recording capabilities when installed on a 64-bit version Windows xp, so it also depends upon which kind of os you are using