Thread: How do I revert back to the old version of Live Mail + MSN Messenger in windows 7?

How do I revert back to the old version of Live Mail + MSN Messenger in windows 7?

I have system with operating system as windows 7 with core i7-920 processor, 6GB RAM, dual GTX 260 video cards, and Win7 64bit. I have recently updated the 2011 essential which I find quite irritating. So I want to revert back on the older version ins such a way that my all the previous setting does not get lose and without uninstalling the new one from the system.Please help me get the solution. Thank you.

Re: How do I revert back to the old version of Live Mail + MSN Messenger in windows 7?

As you want to revert back from the latest version of the essentials which you have installed in the system. As I know it is not possible go back on the previous version without uninstalling the latest version. If you will do this it will lead you to lose the settings, special folders and etc. which you do not want to do. Apart from this I think only on way is remaining and I am not sure about that will work. There is no problem if you will use the idea of system restore and roll back to the date when you have installed the latest one. I think this will be helpful to you but not sure.

Re: How do I revert back to the old version of Live Mail + MSN Messenger in windows 7?

I am too having the similar issue as you have I am too don't like the latest version as it does not give a better resolution as compare to the previous one.Actually I am not able to see the pictures on the mail upto when i am not opening the MSN premium. I have done many try to get the proper solution bet fail to do so as all the things I have done after the restore point. I have done the all the previous update and upgrades to the system. would this update keep away the live mail upgrade with their email grouping feature, which is really making me confusing. Can anybody help me to get the solution of the similar type of issue. Thanks in advance.

As you want to revert back to the previous version of the windows live mail then you have to follow some points and you will get back to the older version. just do the things as stated:
    • First of all just click on the option which is located to the corner of the top right.
    • After this you will get the pull down menu and then in this menu you have to click on the option menu again.
    • After this you will find a message in the full version which state you to select the classic version which is good for the slow connections or if you want to switch you can on the MSN hotmail.
    • If you are already using the classic version then the message something like this yo can switch to the full version to have fast connection or you can switch back too the MSN hotmail.
    • And then click on the switch to hotmail and switch back to the older version.

As far as i know you can not revert back to the older version as it will lead you to lose all the information you have stored in it and also all the settings will also get lost. Also you can not run the essential 3 and essential 2011 side by side on the same system. If you will uninstall the essential 2011 and install the essential 3 it will automatically pick up the folder from the system or the structure you have. It will pick almost all the necessary things as the registry and system did not make change as much as compared to essential 3 and essential 2011. I think this will enough to get the desired solution. I am quite sure that it will help you. Try doing this.

This matter can happen if you enclose Windows Live Family security installed and which is working on your computer. This function may be overcrowding the download of Windows Live Essentials setting up documents.
    To solve this matter execute the subsequent troubleshooting steps:
    • Be clear that your internet bond is working and that you can surf the internet.
    • If you are not capable to surf to a website the arrangement procedure may have blocked Windows Live Family security. If this is the problem then do one of the following:
    • Just go to the start option and start Windows Live Family security and make yourself sure that you are logged in.
    • After start Windows Live Family security and switch off the filter of the security application.
    • Set up the Windows Live Essentials to run once more and choose ‘disregard any unlock programs’ if you find to the monitor titled ‘Please shut these programs’.

I hope this help out!