Thread: How to sync outlook 2007 and windows live calendar

How to sync outlook 2007 and windows live calendar

I have MS outlook 2007 and using it from last few years I also use the calendar. I make sufficient use of the calendar by feeding all my appointments in to it and also some important day marks. Now that thing here is that I want to sync my outlook calendar with my hotmail calendar. I use the Hotmail calendar also. I make use of both the calendars alternately that is when I am at work I use the hotmail account calendar and when I am at home I use the Outlook calendar. And I have stored some important details in both of them. Is there is any way that I can have an access on both of them at a time, or is it possible to sync the calendar and outlook. Please help me in solving the problem and also let me know if I can do the same.

Re: How to sync outlook 2007 and windows live calendar

There is a program called Windows Live Mail which will help you to access your mail account. And I guess you must have this at your own PC. Also you can use the Windows Live HOTMAIL which is a mail service. Now the thing here is that if you want the Office Outlook program to synchronize its calendar with the Hotmail website, then you have to install the Outlook Connector program on to your system and use the same to connect them. I am sure that doing this will help you to solve your problem and also you will be making use of the calendar and updating one will affect the other also.

According to me the Windows Live Calendar does not support the feature of synchronizing the calendar details. Also it will not allow you to synchronize it with your Outlook Calendar. And if you want to view the same then you can make use of the Outlook Connector. Also it seems to me that you are expecting a lot from the widows live calendar. I hope that this information will help you a lot in the future.

I guess with the Outlook Hotmail Connector, you can view your calendars from Windows Live Calendar in Microsoft Office Outlook, including other people’s calendars that have been shared with you. By managing your calendars in Outlook, you can take advantage of the time-management features that Outlook offers such as viewing multiple calendars in Outlook at the same time. With Outlook 2007 or 2010 and the Outlook Hotmail Connector, you can also:
    • View tasks and flagged messages beneath your appointments on the days in which they are due
    • Categorize your appointments with custom color categories
    • Overlay multiple calendars

Additionally, any changes you make to your Windows Live Calendar calendars in Outlook are automatically synchronized with the Web version in your Windows Live Hotmail account.

If you want sync the outlook calendar with the hotmail calendar than it is not possible with the Microsoft Outlook 2007 you have to use the Outlook 2009 or Outlook -2010. The thing here is that you have to use the connector which is not compatible with the outlook 2007. So what you have to do here is just uninstall the Microsoft outlook 2007 and install the Microsoft outlook 2010 onto your system. I hope that the connector will work fine in also you will be able to sync all the details of your Outlook calendar to the hotmail or vice versa.

First of all thank you for considering my problem and also for spending the vital of yours to find the solution. But the thing here is that I am still facing the same problem and till now I haven’t use the connector because the thing here is that I don’t know from where to download and how to install. Also please tell me the system requirements of the Microsoft outlook hotmail connector. Does it comes inbuilt with the Microsoft office or I have to download eternally. Please help me I have not yet solved the problem. And also let me know the proper steps to install the Microsoft outlook hotmail connector. I am afraid whether it is compatible with my system or not .

No it doesn’t come with the Microsoft Office what you have to do is just download it from official website of the Microsoft or visit the below mentioned link: http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/ou...22518.aspx#BM5 . Once you will download it just install the same on to your system. As asked by you here are the system requirements of the Microsoft outlook hotmail connector:
    • Windows Operating systems like XP, Vista , Windows 7
    • A Windows Live Hotmail account
    • Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 or Microsoft Office Outlook 2010