Thread: windows 7 not recognizing the camcorder while downloading a video from a camcorder.

windows 7 not recognizing the camcorder while downloading a video from a camcorder.

I have windows 7 with configuration core i7-920 processor, 6GB RAM, dual GTX 260 video cards, and win 7 64bit. I am getting an error while trying to use camcorder to download, edit, and create a DVD using windows live movie maker. I am using canon HV 40, the video was recorded in the HDV format. As doing all the above my computer does not download the videos but it recognize the camcorder. It always went on the windows live movie maker window when I try to select the download option and select the camera but does not copy the content. After all this movie maker starts and it stops the camera. Now I am not getting what is happening over there and what do I do to get the desired solution. Please help me.

Re: windows 7 not recognizing the camcorder while downloading a video from a camcorder.

If you contain a digital video (DV) camera, you can introduce video from a videotape throughout Windows Live Movie Maker inside Windows Live Photo Gallery. later than you introduce the video to your computer and inside Windows Live Photo Gallery, you can utilize that video recording when creating a movie in windows live Movie Maker. You can also insert the videos, you can furthermore burn video recorded on your Digital Video camera straight to a DVD that you can play it on TV or can see it on your system. To download the video on the system you need to follow the following points which are described below:
    • Be clear that your digital video camera or HD video camera is properly plugged into your system and camera should be turned on. Your camera can be connected to your system by means of an IEEE 1394 ("FireWire") connection.
    • Toggle your digital video camera to VCR mode. You can get more information about this by means of the booklet you may have got with your camera.
    • After this you can start your windows live movie maker.
    • Now you can insert the video which you want by clicking on the import from the machine.
    • After the data transfer the message window will appear and then accordingly click on OK.
    • After this click on the device which you want to use to import the images and video to be imported then click import.
    • Type the name of the video which you want to import and then select the entire video.

Re: windows 7 not recognizing the camcorder while downloading a video from a camcorder.

I have done all the steps properly as you have suggested doing but it didn’t work. Actually software helped to start the camera but it did not recognize the device as recording. Even after this I have leave it as it is to see if it may record something but I was wrong nothing happened positive. Now is there any other suggestion to get the solution.

I think you should to verify the format of the video you are importing is supports to the windows live movie maker or not. You can add the following types of video, images and audio files to windows live movie maker.
    • Video file types (format)
    • Windows Media Video (WMV) files, Windows Media files, AVCHD files, Apple QuickTime files etc.
    • Photo file types (format)
    • Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG) files, Graphics Interchange Format (GIF) files etc.
    • Audio file types (format)
    • Windows Media Audio (WMA) files, MP3 audio files etc.

You can also collect more information on verification of the format using in the movie maker from the windowslivehelp.

I just need a clarification that is you using windows live is that you have downloaded from the windowslive .com or from some other sites. If you have done it from the other site then that may be corrupted I would like to suggest you to use the genuine site software. If you are downloading anything then download it from the authorized sites which are developing that particular software. Are you getting the error at the time of importing the video? I think this may be a cause that you may be using the transfer of the video without using windows live movie maker then add the windows live movie maker to the videos which you are importing. Try doing this may be helpful to you.