Thread: Office 2007 and Live Office can't open an Excel document error occur in windows 7.

Office 2007 and Live Office can't open an Excel document error occur in windows 7.

I am using skydrive to store the excel files and I used to update this skydrive on regular basis. I am using office version 2007 and live office in the system. However at the time of opening the excel file I am getting an error that this cannot be open as this file does not a support product to the drive. I am getting a message “to run this file your computer need a supported version of Microsoft excel and this helps the browser to open the files directly with the help of office web application. I have office 2007 and internet explorer 8 and I have opened these files many times successfully. I do not understand why I am getting this error. Anyone out there who knows how to overcome this problem. I would appreciate the answer. Thanks in advance.

Re: Office 2007 and Live Office can't open an Excel document error occur in windows 7.

As you are getting an error that your browser is not able to open the excel files through the system. I think there is some problem in the office version and I would like to suggest you to get the new version of the office and install that in the system. As there are free download of the office 2010 is available on the Microsoft website. You can try that and I sure your problem will be solved out. Finally the conclusion is that you should use the Microsoft Office 2010 which is available for free.

Re: Office 2007 and Live Office can't open an Excel document error occur in windows 7.

Actually this problem can be solved easily it seems not a big issue but for that I need some information about the version of the office and some of the other things.
    • First of all just tell me your ID for windows live.
    • I need the file which you are trying to open using browser.
    • The permission of account access from the system.

I would like to suggest you get the office version 2010 and install it as it has some good features which can be able to run the spreadsheet in the browser and they also can be publish on the web using desktop version. As it contain a new feature called sparklines which give you a visual snapshot image of your information and have tendency more than time within a cell. It let you to share the file with the others on the browser and you can set the special permission to which you want to access that document. So use this new version and get out of the problem which you are facing. I this may be helpful to you get the solution.

I think you should know what to do before granting your permission to access your file on the browser. For this you need to visit the windowslivehelp and or you can try to go through these points which I am providing below.
    • First of all you need sign in using your windows live ID which will directly redirect you to the account page.
    • There you need to do some changes which will be provided below password reset data and next to the question and then click on the change.
    • Now again type your password to verify your account’s current password.
    • Now select your secret answer and answer the question within the text you are provided.
    • Your information will provide your details about you resident and fill it accordingly.
    • After this entering your alternate e-mail address and password click on save. After this windowslive help will support you automatically and give you the solution if you have any trouble.