Thread: "autorun.inf" & "baswala.exe" folders under the USB drive

"autorun.inf" & "baswala.exe" folders under the USB drive

There is problem with my USB drive, where some virus are create the folder as the name "autorun.inf" & "baswala.exe". I am using a Acer computer with the windows vista operating system compatibility. Which working fine with the other features, but while I insert the USB into my computer the two folders the name that I mentioned is appeared under the USB drive. I cannot access the folder or the file which are inside of the USB drive, also not able to remove the folder. After insert the USB drive into my computer the machine is also getting slow, is my computer is having the virus effect from the USB drive? How to remove the folder or the virus from the USB drive. Any suggestion on this problem?

Re: "autorun.inf" & "baswala.exe" folders under the USB drive

I recommend you to first you scan the USB drive with the update version of the Antivirus software that you installed into your machine. It will show you the virus which is affected the USB. Yes you right, it might happen sometimes by the virus, the system will also get affected by the USB drive situated virus. After remove the virus by the full scan of the device, format the USB by right click on the drive name under the My Computer. If still it stays in the drive then restart the computer in the safe mood and change the boot-able order of the machine. Insert the USB drive and format that one.

• Search for autorun.inf file. Under the usb. It is a read only file so change it to normal by right clicking the file , selecting the properties of the file and select the un-check the read only option
    • Open the file in notepad and save the file after delete everything.
    • change the file status back to read only mode so that the virus could will not access again.
    • Click start->run and type msconfig and hit on Enter.
    • Go to startup tab and look for “regsvr” and uncheck the option then click on OK.
    • Click on Exit without Restart, because there are still few things you have to perform them before we restart the PC.
    • go to control panel then scheduled tasks, and delete the Alternate task listed there.

1. Connect the USB Drive
    2. Reboot the computer with a bootable Windows CD inside the CD-ROM drive.
    3. Press "R", When Windows Setup screen appears which is for the Recovery Console.
    4. The Windows Recovery Console will recognize the windows installation that you select and will ask you to enter your choice , make the choice.
    5. Enter the administrator user ID and the password, hit on Enter
    6. "C:\" command prompt will appear in front of you.
    7. Go to USB drive ,eg: E:
    8.Enter the command “attrib -hrs autorun.inf” and the command for the editing the .inf file “edit autorun.inf”.
    9.it will allow you to delete the file from the USB drive.

I like to suggest you to disable the auto play option of the USB and any other hard drive into your machine. This will prevent the spreading the virus into the machine. To make the operation go to the properties window o the USB device and where you should look for the option to disable the auto play option on the hard drive. After making the disability option, reinsert the USB into your computer and then scan the USB with the Antivirus, it will show you’re the information about the virus, which affects the drive. Delete that one and full format the drive. Hope this will works, try this.