Thread: How to remove "ramnit.b" virus?

How to remove "ramnit.b" virus?

I am having a HP computer with the Windows Vista operating system, it works great ill its features. I usually use it for the internet access from the home or the office premise. Just few days while I was accessing the internet from my machine, it seems to be slow internet connection. Also the other tasks are also getting slow in the machine, it gradually decrease the system performance. I run the my windows default security feature MS security Essential, and it detects the virus which is as name “ramnit.B”. I tried to remove it permanently but failed on the operation. Not I id not connect the machine with the internet, I tried to update the Microsoft Security, but during this it gives me an error to download the update file of the application. Any ideas on the issue? Any information will be helpful for me…

Re: How to remove "ramnit.b" virus?

I think before remove the infection from the Windows 32, first you have to stop the running process of the W32.Ramnit which is running under the memory of the machine. Go to the task manager by simply pressing the CTRL+ALT+DELETE from the keyboard click on the Process tab under the task manager look for the process running with the name W32.Ramnit, after found the process right click on the process and select the option End process. You can also remove the infect ion from the registry editor for that, Open the registry editor of the window by simply insert the keyword "regedit" under the run option of the start menu and then hit on ENTER. After the appearing the registry window search for the registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\W32.Ramnit." right click on the key and select the option DELETE or REMOVE. Generally the file is comes with the form of EXE or DLL or LSP, suppose this will create the file format like the %PROGRAM_FILES%\W32.Ramnit\W32.Ramnit.exe, locate the file location into your machine all delete that one. I hope this will help you to overcome from the problem.

I recommend you first you update the Antivirus software that you are using in the machine, after the update that one, take a full scan of the computer, it will definitely first locate the virus file then it can also delete the virus file. The problem is that if the Antivirus is not updated then it will locate the file from the machine, but sometime s it will unable to delete the virus from the machine. I had the similar issue; I did the exact same think with the ESET NOD 32 Antivirus. There is another alternative way t download the freeware named as the "hijackthis"(Click HERE to download the application). By this freeware you scan your machine manually, and you can delete the virus file also. But during the remove of the virus file you should make sure that you are not deleting any windows file. It might be require for the windows reinstall, before that operation make sure that you save all the back files of the window.

“ramnit.b” is a kind of virus which is includes a lot of the worm and the infection which will situate in the body of the html and will spread into the hard drive. The B-version o the infection is very much affective because of the widespread variant of the virus. It will largely effect the hard drive and the inter connectivity. I did this in my computer just few months ago. I also fix the issue with the help of the by the above mentioned procedures that are really helps me so I also like to recommend you to delete the virus from the registry editor.