Thread: Error code 80041002, unable to set up family safety

Error code 80041002, unable to set up family safety

I have taken a new Sony laptop. I have installed family safety into my system now I am facing the problem it is giving me the error message as “error code 80041002”. I have installed and uninstalled the same family safety twice on my system then also I am still getting this error message. I am not getting why this error message is coming on my computer screen. But the same on my other computer system which has windows 7 operating system on it is not facing any kind of problem. I have also done the installation by different administrator accounts to set it up but the same problem is occurring. What is this problem I am not getting it out do anyone have gone through this kind of problem into your system. If you have any solution related to this problem can please help me out. Thanking you in Advance.

Re: Error code 80041002, unable to set up family safety

When you have started facing this problem on your laptop system, is this same problem occurred after installing the family safety into your system or before doing the installation of the same family safety. And which operating system you are using on your new Sony laptop because this information will help me to guide you from the same problem and give you the proper solution as I have also gone through the same issue of family safety on my computer system when I was using it.
    Last edited by Sam.D; 27-10-2010 at 07:46 PM.

I had started facing this problem from this last week when I have installed the family safety into my new laptop. But the same family safety is not causing any problem when I have installed it on my other computer system it is running without any problem in it and I am using windows XP operating system on my new laptop. If you have the exact solution for the same problem of family safety please helps me out form this because I don’t like to have any problem in my new Laptop.

If you facing the problem of installing the family safety on your new laptop in which you are using windows vista then you can go through some step by which I have installed it on my windows XP operating system.
    • Press Right Button on Start and then press it to the Explore.
    • In the navigation windowpane, scroll it to the My Computer folder.
    • Press Right Button to the Computer folder or to the My Computer folder and press Manage.
    • In the left windowpane, expand Local Users and Groups folder, and choose Groups.
    • In the right windowpane, Press Right Button on Administrators and choose the Properties.
    • In the Member list, confirm that your user name is present in the given list. If it is not present, close the entire applications, save the data and logoff then logon as a user who has Administrator recommendation. And go for the other procedure.

I have gone to the other steps but I do not understand the ninth step of the process is about the Navigate to C:\Program Files\Windows Live and delete the Installer folder from the system. What is this actually is this means to clear all the application from my laptop system. I have installed very important software on my laptop I can’t able to delete. Do you have some another way to remove this problem from my Laptop. If you have another way to remove this problem please suggest me.

The step “Navigate to C:\Program Files\Windows Live and delete the Installer folder” does not meant to delete the entire software from your computer system. This is the process what you have to follow to install the family safety on to windows XP operating system. So to do this step you have to navigate the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data and delete the both Windows Live Installer and WLInstaller directories if you have on your laptop this process will help you to solve the problem.

I come across to the same identical problem of the family safety on my computer system but I am using windows vista operating system onto my system. I have resolved this problem from my system. I would recommend you to try uninstalling and reinstalling the Windows Live Family safety program on to your new laptop once again and check if the issue remains continue. It seems you want the proper updates installed interconnected to your family safety to resolve the same problem from your laptop.