Thread: Macbook Air: Adobe CS4 installation problem

Macbook Air: Adobe CS4 installation problem

Hello friend
    I am using a Apple MacBook Air ultra portable laptop, which is fine with its all features and the look. The problem is gives me some error message while I tried to install the Adobe CS 4 application, it is strict on the flash memory of the machine. Is says that it will not installed with the flash based storage device. What is the requirement to install the Adobe application into the Mac Book Air machine? Is it not compatible with the machine? Any other information on CS4 and the installation will be appreciated….

Re: Macbook Air: Adobe CS4 installation problem

I think the issue on the external flash thumbs, the flash that you had installed is not properly integrated with the Adobe application. Reinstall it and then reconfigure it with the Adobe application, recommend you to install the Adobe flash player to install the application. Also you can do one thing is that you just mount the application with the motherboard of the machine and make the traditional configuration. I had the similar issue after that I did the procedure and it works then.

The Apple MacBook Air is usually compatible with the flash-based storage. If you using the drive to use the case-sensitive file system or on removable flash-based storage devices, the Adobe application will not be installed on the machine, because it will install in the volume which is used for the case sensitive file system. Are you using the USB thumb drive for the installation? Because these type of software or the application is basically not designed for the drive also for the system disk drive whether it is. The Mac book air is designed as the solid state drive, and it is largely functionality with the flash drive. It will create problem while you run the CS4 or the later version on your machine.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

Yes you can install the Adobe CS4 into your MacBook Air, for that ypu should have to configure the machine with the following specifications. You need Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0GHZ processor to install that application along with that you need 2gb DDR or more than that. The hard disk space should be 200 GB or more than that with the 5400 RMP. The graphics is also used with the high quality; I am using the Intel GMA 950 64MB. The super drive facility is also needed, though the machine itself not having any optical drive. Before the installation of the application I suggest you to install the CS4 master collection, operating system is compatible with the any Apple operating system. MS office application with the 2008 or more than that version.

Look for the CS4 DMG image on the drive where you installed the Adobe application, or you can also look it in the other drive. If you don’t found the image file that might hidden on the machine, disconnect the drive and again download the file. Check for the logs and the spotlight for the any Adobe application in your system, actually while you attempt to install the Adobe application into your system it leave some logs and the spotlights also the temporary files on the machine primary drive. I suggest you to update manually the application which one you tried to run on your machine. You tried to install in the test mode, I hope it will help you. Remember that the installation will require the information of the main user account. go through the following information's this might be help you to overcome from your problem.
    Last edited by TEcH GuRuJI; 25-10-2010 at 08:43 PM.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Similar issue with my Mac Book Air, I have a installation problem on the CS4. I am having the MacBook Pro with the operating system OSX. I tried with the trial version of the CS4, where as the LL2 is installed properly in the same machine. I thought the problem is on the operating system, and did the system repair option from the operating system CD, but still not able to install the Adobe application. What should I do? Any idea?

I did the installation in my MacBook Air, the following process might be help you install the driver in a very simple way. Try to install the CS4 in the bellow mentioned step, will definitely help you.
    1.Attempt to install the software from the Flash CS4 set up file named as the “setup.exe”.
    2.go to following path from the installation folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\a68eec966ce913ddaa63251dc82ed31\resources\common\scripts.
    3. search for the file which is known as the “ContainerProxy.js”.
    4. Open the file by the using of the notepad or any other text editor.
    5. go to the line which is named as 1102 and look for the “jsonObj = _jsonToObject(window.external.SetSessionInitialized(initValue));”
    6. replace the file into “jsonObj = _jsonToObject(SetSessionInitialized(initValue));” nad save the file with that name.
    7.go to the control panel and click on the installed software, reinitialize by clicking on the change/remove the file.
    8. it will automatically reinstall the application.