Thread: Readme Issues for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Beta 2

Readme Issues for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Beta 2

I have heard that there are some Readme (known) issues that are present in beta version of SharePoint 2010. I have not started using the SharePoint 2010 to optimal use. But before using that in deep, I would like to know what exactly are the drawbacks of it. Also I am here so that I would get some solutions for that problems. Any other information related to the topic would be grateful. I am expecting you members helping me soon.

Re: Readme Issues for Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Beta 2

The user attempting to run a Windows PowerShell cmdlet for SharePoint 2010 product does not have access to the configuration database and content database that hosts the site collection in Central Administration. Without the appropriate access to these databases, you can not use most of the Windows PowerShell cmdlets for SharePoint 2010 products. The execution of Windows PowerShell cmdlets Add-SPShellAdmin guarantees the specified user access to SharePoint configuration database by default, but not access to the content database that hosts the site collection in Central Administration. When the user tries to run some Windows PowerShell cmdlets for SharePoint 2010 product, you may receive an error of type I needed administrator privileges on the server farm to perform this procedure because of this problem. The solution is to use the Windows PowerShell cmdlet Add-SPShellAdmin also to guarantee their access to the content database that hosts the site collection in Central Administration.

The Windows PowerShell cmdlet Add-SPShellAdmin has the purpose to append permissions for unambiguous databases, so that designated users can run the code of the object model, including Windows PowerShell cmdlets for SharePoint 2010 products. In Beta 2 there are some problems with this cmdlet that require additional actions before the user can make full use of Windows PowerShell cmdlets for SharePoint 2010 products. Here are two known issues. The execution of Windows PowerShell cmdlets Add-SPShellAdmin also has the function to add the specified user to the local group on each computer WSS_ADMIN_WPG server farm. This is not done correctly in Beta 2, so the administrator must add the specified user group WSS_ADMIN_WPG on each server.

It is a known problem: if during the upgrade system is very busy, if that can occur in a server with enough memory, it is possible that IIS is not able to commit the changes to the file, causing ' error. The error occurred during the upgrade of several rooms with single-click memory. When this error occurs, it is possible that the farm is unable to resume the upgrade. The solution for the Beta 2 version is groped to restart the upgrade. Since it is possible that the configuration of farm power has corrupted when you encounter this error, you may need to create a new version of the farm, after which the content database can be connected via the update process with a database connection using the command stsadm-o addcontentdb and including the appropriate parameters to the URL of the Web (-url [URL Web application]), the database name (-databasename [databasename]) and the values of the optional Console update (-preserveolduserexperience [true / false] ).

Place the formatted content out of the Content Editor Web Part page in the wiki, or leave the non-formatted content in the Content Editor Web Part. Install Windows PowerShell 2.0 RTM. The cmdlets SharePoint, if performed remotely, have only two requirements:
    • You must specify CredSSP. In any remote control you need to specify credentials using the-Credential parameter.
    • You must set the parameter value-Authentication CredSSP. In this way the PowerShell cmdlets have the proper credentials needed to communicate with the additional memory SQL than the default limit, since the use PowerShell remotely is often necessary for operations on a large scale. The default can be changed using the Set-Item cmdlet. For example, to set the limit to 1000 MB, use the following command: Set-Item WSMan: \ localhost \ Shell \ MaxMemoryPerShellMB 1000