Thread: Problems of User Profile Synchronization Service in SharePoint 2010

Problems of User Profile Synchronization Service in SharePoint 2010

I am freshly started working on SharePoint 2010, before this I was using SharePoint 2007. I am observed that Engine import of users of SharePoint 2010 is very different from that found in the 2007 version. I don't know the reason behind this.?! But there are some problems that I am facing while working in SharePoint 2010. Mainly I face failure to Start Service and Synchronization Error. So I am here to take some tips to solve these issues. I am hoping that someone will help me out soon.

Re: Problems of User Profile Synchronization Service in SharePoint 2010

Engine import of users of SharePoint 2010 is very different from that found in the 2007 version.
    This is because SharePoint 2010 is based on a slightly customized version of what is the FIM: Identity Manager ForeFront. Unfortunately, using this synchronization platform makes it possible to run into some errors that are not always easy to solve. I know solution for Failure to Start Service. The reasons for this issue are basically notes that Microsoft probably will make a fix in the first CU SharePoint 2010. The problem arises especially when running the deployment of Application Service and the Proxy by PowerShell (get used to using it, many of the configuration "enterprise" are not possible via GUI). The Event Viewer does not report errors (also get used to it) but only a few warning from the "ILM Web Service Configuration". The problem stems from the fact that the SQL user's default schema with which the service runs, is not "compatible" with some Sync_DB Store Procedures contained in the referenced service FIM Synchronization Service. Poincar this Store Procedures are used only at the time of starting the service, a solution is to change within the Sync_DB, the default schema of the user service "dbo".

A further action necessary (particularly if you've followed the Best Practice for the least privileges) is to make the service user administrator of the machine for the time of start-up of the service. This is because the user used the service you need to write in the key HKLM \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ FIMSynchronizationService \ Parameters, but apparently does not have rights. Changing the Default Schema for the user is not a solution supported by Microsoft, so calculate risks and try to restore everything to its original state as soon as possible. Remember at this point to remove the Farm Account from local machine administrators in order to return in a "least privilege".

Synchronization Error

Even if your service is finally standing up does not mean that you will synchronize your SharePoint 2010 with, for example, your Active Directory. It could happen (whether you run a deployment of Application Service via PowerShell via GUI) that after the end of synchronization, the number of profiles in the SyncDB remains zero. Although the GUI does not report any error (strano..), The Event Viewer may show the following error:
    Log Name: Application

Source: FIMSynchronizationService

Date: 05/21/2010 2:05:01 PM

Event ID: 6050

Task Category: Management Agent Run Profile

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N / A

Computer: LITSP5.litware.local

Description:

The management agent "MOSSAD-Litware" failed on run profile "DS_FULLIMPORT" Because of connectivity issues.

It could happen (whether you run a deployment of Application Service via PowerShell via GUI) that after the end of synchronization, the number of profiles in the SyncDB remains zero. Although the GUI does not report any error (strano..)
    To resolve this problem you may have forgotten to add the account to synchronize with the proper permissions on Active Directory. Then go to your AD and click the right button on your domain name, Click Properties (first enable the Advanced Features from the View menu). Click the Security tab and add your account used to synchronize the permissions "Replicate Directory Changes". Do a restart of your machine for the changes we have SharePoint effect. Then run a sync and everything should work properly.

The FIM results to be very difficult to set up, my advice is to follow the following steps to create it in order to reduce errors to a minimum:
    1. Making the Farm Admin administrator machine
    2. Perform a restart
    3. The Create User Profile Application with the Farm Admin (via GUI)
    4. Used to give the user the permission to sync to Replicate Directory Changes
    5. Run the start of the service User Profiles and User Profile Sharepoint Synchronization nothing machine
    6. Create the connection to the Synchronisation
    7. Synchronize
    8. Remove the Farm Account administrators machine