Thread: Exchange 2007 and Blackberry Internet Service

Exchange 2007 and Blackberry Internet Service

I am having a Microsoft Exchange 2007 setup and i am facing the problem regarding anything that used to access Exchange server via OWA such as blackberry internet service, Treo or Chattermail etc. I am using T-Mobile on my blackberry. I guess this all services works on the https:\\mail.server.com\exchange\username which does not seems to be working. Is there someway by which i can make this all working on only one Exch server box. What should I need to do with the Blackberry Internet Service so that it can get connected by an exchange 2007 server.

Re: Exchange 2007 and Blackberry Internet Service

If you have already installed another blackberry and with that it does not work, you just need to contact your carrier and ask what is the blackberry option is enabled on the folder of your employee. If the option is not valid, you'll never get this phone to sync with the server, because you are not declared on the BlackBerry platform.

If you get an error message when you try to activate your BlackBerry using the enterprise activation, follow steps 1 through 4 below one at a time and in the order listed. After completing a step, then try to activate your BlackBerry before proceeding to the next step. Make sure you have a mobile account BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) and non-BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS). You can check this information on your device by going to Options -> Advanced Options. If the Enterprise Activation option does not appear in the list, contact your wireless service provider and ask to have the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. To do this, you will need your PIN and IMEI numbers which can be found in Options - Status on your BlackBerry.

First of all Login to Control Panel. and then select the user you want to disable the BlackBerry. In the Startup section, click Disable the BlackBerry and then press Yes. The screen will change to inform you that the BlackBerry user has been disabled then delete the contents of your device by following these steps :
    1. Select an Options icon -> Security Options.
    2. Choose General Settings and press the Menu key.
    3. Click on Delete the contents of the terminal and press Continue.
    4. Enter the word BlackBerry.
    5. After completing step 4, please enable your BlackBerry again and activate the service company on your device.

I have collected some crucial information which can make you thinking that the service which you are trying to use from your blackberry phone is actually an accessible one or not. Blackberry Internet Service is the basic plan associated with the BlackBerry and it is not appropriate for the Exchange environment. For security reasons, the password you were given by SherWeb expires after 30 days and can be used only thrice.

New subscribers who create their BlackBerry Internet Service accounts from the computer and create a user name and password to access their BlackBerry Internet Service account will turn off the automatic login feature. A supported browser must be used to log in.
    1. Navigate to your wireless service provider's BlackBerry Internet Service web site. Please Note: To find your wireless service provider's BlackBerry Internet Service web site, go to the Support section on blackberry.com and click the link for your wireless service provider in the Accessing the BlackBerry Internet Service web site section.
    2. Click Create New Account.
    3. Read the license agreement carefully.
    4. Select Yes, indicating you have read and understood the license agreement.
    5. Click I Agree, to be bound by the license agreement and continue with the setup process.
    6. Type the personal information number (PIN) and International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI), or electronic serial number (ESN)/Mobile Equipment Identifier (MEID) for your BlackBerry smartphone, and click Continue.
    7. Type a user name and password and click Next.
    8. If the chosen user name is already in use by another BlackBerry Internet Service subscriber, you must choose a different user name. Suggestions for user names that have not yet been taken are provided. Once you have chosen an alternative, click Next.
    9. Your BlackBerry Internet Service account is now set up. You may begin adding email accounts or create a BlackBerry email address.

If I'm not wrong, Exchange 2007 has some kind of compatibility issues with Blackberry. That's the primary thing to verify. I'm not an administrator, just a man who notices some strange details here and there. You might do better trying the same thing from the BES Admin Corner.