Thread: Windows Live Essential errors

angry Windows Live Essential errors

I'm having lots of trouble trying to install "Windows Live Essentials 2011".

I've tried all the stuff I've been told from deleting all Windows Live stuff, disabling firewall, being Administrator (am only user on computer), and it still won't install. I get error message 0x80004004, and one that said to disable my firewall. (forgot the number now). Anyway, it's been 3 days I've been trying to do everything, deleted all temp files, all Cache files, uninstalled all Windows Live that I could, however, Windows Photo Gallery won't uninstall.

Don't know if that is the problem or what but I'm frustrated and need help.

Anyone out there have any ideas that I've not tried?

Thanks

Re: Windows Live Essential errors

Which operating system are you using, on which you are trying to install windows live ? Also i would like to know whether are you trying to install from the Web Installer that is about 1MB or from the complete package installer that is about 137 mb? Most probably this error occurs when you try to install from the file of 137 MB.

I would suggest you to download Web installer. Disable your antivirus for sometime. Also dont forget to run the Windows Installer Clean Utility before running the installer.

Re: Windows Live Essential errors

Quote Originally Posted by maq.h View Post
    Which operating system are you using, on which you are trying to install windows live ? Also i would like to know whether are you trying to install from the Web Installer that is about 1MB or from the complete package installer that is about 137 mb? Most probably this error occurs when you try to install from the file of 137 MB.

I would suggest you to download Web installer. Disable your antivirus for sometime. Also dont forget to run the Windows Installer Clean Utility before running the installer.
    I am using Windows Vista. No, I tried to customize only what I need and even that would take. I wanted just the email, messenger, & writer, but even that didn't want to work. I'm going to give it another go tonight. I used a free registry cleanup thinking that may be the problem, who knows. I'm getting really frustrated. Thanks, will get back if it works.