Thread: Can we run two OS on one desktop PC

Can we run two OS on one desktop PC

I am using my computer system for last 3 years. In these years i have come acrossed many new features of a computer . It was just few days before that i came to know that we can have two OS on our system at one time. Can someone tell is this possible is yes than how

Re: Can we run two OS on one desktop PC

Yes offcourse you can have two O.S on your computer system at one time. But you can only run one OS at a time. You can install one OS in your C drive and other in your D drive. When you start your system it will boot from the default windows option selected. If you want to select the other OS to be run, then you must restart your system and boot by selecting the next OS. This time your pc will start from your other OS which you selected. This feature comes very handy when your 1 st OS gets corrupted and you dont have time to upload the new one so you can make use of the other os.

Yes even i came to know about this just weeks ago and i even tried myself installing two OS. You can do this by creating partitions on your disk while installing windows software or while formatting your system. I have a Windows7, WindowsXP, and linux on my desktop and i easily can use which ever os i want any time.

Yes we can have two OS one one system and you can easily switch between them. You can only use one OS at a time, i am also using two OS on my system. i have windows xp in one partition and linux on other partition. This really helps me alot if while using windows any virus creeps into my pendrive i can easily switch onto other os and delete the virus directly. Also linux come in handy while using application that can be at risk while using normal windows software.