Thread: Error: The Procedure entry Point DecodePointer could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

Error: The Procedure entry Point DecodePointer could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

I am having one issue with the Windows Vista which i have installed yesterday and after that when i am trying to access the internet explorer i am getting the Error: The Procedure entry Point DecodePointer could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll which i am unable to solve. Previously i was running with the Windows XP and did not found any issue. So if you can then please help me with the proper solution regarding the error. Thanks in advance.

Re: Error: The Procedure entry Point DecodePointer could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

This could be possible that you have installed the applicat5ion which is not supported by the Windows Vista and that is why getting the error with the same. The application might have affected the Dll file of the Windows. To work with the issue you have to repair the installation of the Windows Vista. I will advise you to use the Windows Vista DVD and boot from the DVD. Now press 'r' at the first screen of the same and follow the instruction for repairing the Windows Vista. Just go through the same and see whether it is working for you or not.

Re: Error: The Procedure entry Point DecodePointer could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll

If i am not wrong then your system might got corrupted with the virus which affected the Windows File System and that is why you are facing the problem of the entry point DecodePointer error. To work with the issue i will advise you to install a Antivirus program and run full system scan for the infection. If this is not working in Normal Windows the run the Windows in Safe Mode with the networking and update the antivirus with the latest virus definition database and after that perform the system scan in the safe mode itself. It will search for infection and if found any the will delete the same. So if you can then go through the procedure and get rid of the issue if it is virus causing the issue.

I am having some other view regarding the problem that you are going through which is related to the "The Procedure entry Point DecodePointer could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll" error. Actually the DecodePointer is a function which is predefined in the Windows XP service pack 2. This function is not supported by any other OS i.e. Windows 2000. Then minimum supported client for the DecodePointer is Windows Vista, Windows XP with SP2. If i am not wrong then you might have installed any third party application which is not supported by the Windows 2000 and might be causing some modification into the DLL file of the Windows File System. So i will advise you to remove the application which is not supported by the Windows 2000 and after that check whether you are getting the same issue with the DecocePointer or not. I hope this will resolve the issue related to the error which you are getting.

Here is a solution to use when you need to repair your installation of Windows Vista without formatting. You can use it if you have not found other ways to repair windows. You can also expose your first problem on the support forum. The procedure is similar to a relocation, but it is not so, as soon as the program's installation CD / DVD Windows Vista detects a system already in place, it should offer to repair windows. Caution, however, this manipulation replaces all system files and even your personal files and programs are theoretically not affected, it is preferable to conduct a safety backup of your system, for example by booting a live CD. To know more about the repairing of Windows Vista check the below given link.

How to Make a Windows Vista Repair Disk
    How to Repair Windows Vista Using Startup Repair??
    How to do a windows Vista repair install?

Goes on the site of application software and an update for XP. The kernel dll is a standard protocol used by Windows to launch the dll software. Apparently it lacks a dll to see the launch. The only thing that can help you with the same is to repair the installation of the Windows Vista. I have gone through the same and let me tell you that after the repairing of the Windows the issue got resolved. If the repair of the Windows Vista is not solving your issue then you can take the help from the Microsoft regarding the issue. Just contact the Microsoft regarding the issue and see whether you are getting the proper reply for the same or not. I hope you will get the help from the Microsoft. You can ask your query on the Microsoft Support forum and you will get the help from the Microsoft Expert.