Thread: My photoshop CS4 crashes windows 7 display driver

My photoshop CS4 crashes windows 7 display driver

I have recently switched from Photoshop CS3 to CS4 but the latest version is causing me a number of the troubles such as when I use my reproduction of Photoshop CS4 it causes my Nvidia Driver kernel to discontinue responding. First the display will flash to black and then it will get well with a message appearing by the task bar informing me that my Display driver has stopped up responding and been recovered. The majority of the time I can recover and carry on working, but now and then the program will totally lock up. So, please provide me the solution to overcome the issue any suggestion will help.

Re: My photoshop CS4 crashes windows 7 display driver

The Things that you have mentioned above takes place randomly or it occurs frequently in the system when you use the Photoshop CS4. What are the applications that you are using with the Photoshop that is the games or any other for multitasking? So, first provide all the required details which will help me to resolve your problem in a proper way.

First of all thank you are replying, this problem appear to occur randomly while using Photoshop, I have seen no prototype nor have I ever been able to replicate the crash. It does come into view to happen most often after I have in progress the program. It seems to occur most often when interacting with the bill of fare or tool bars. So far it is the only line up I have encountered any troubles with. I have manifold 3D games like left for dead 2, fallout, Mass Effect 2, all of which play just fine on my computer. So, there is not a problem in the games and all other applications are working properly in the system and the Windows 7 display driver dies not play at all.

It seems that the Photoshop CS4 that you are using in the system gas been corrupted and you need to install a different set of the Photoshop CS4 from the Adobe website which is the ultimate solution for these. For that you first have to go to the Adobe website and from the home page you can download the CS4 or CS5 versions for your Windows 7 operating system. So download the files from the website and then try to use the Photoshop CS4 you will not get the error again.

There are a number of the chances due to which these problem is occurring in the system and to overcome these you can follow the below steps one by one;
    • First you need to Disabling Open GL drawing in the Photoshop CS4

• The other solution is Increasing and decreasing the memory allocation in PS

• Memtest86, came out clean after 6 hours of run time which many time resolve the problem.

• Did a checkdisk and altering the scratch disks on the system will resolve the problem.

• In addition to that you can also try disabling the antivirus that you are using at the time when you are using the Photoshop CS4.

This problem mostly occurs when there is a problem in the drivers that you are using for the videos and the displays and with Windows 7 there are not all the proper full versions available. So, the solution to these is that you need to install the Video Driver for the Windows 7 operating system; which can be dine from the DVD/CD of the driver that you get along with the system or from the website. To install from the Driver CD insert in the system and then select the appropriate option to overcome the issue and when you are doing it from the website so select the OS and then download it from there.

These issue can also be resolved by doing update from the Microsoft website for the drivers, to do these you need to go to the Microsoft website and then in the Microsoft updater section from where you can Update the drivers to overcome the issue. The alternative method available for the update is from the start up menu where you can get the update from the Microsoft update section, it will take you to the Microsoft Update page and automatically update all the drivers that you required to see the videos in a proper resolution and the display problem will be resolved , if then too the problem exists then you can contact the Microsoft customer care for further help and support.