Thread: flv plugin/codec for Windows: media player/movie maker?

flv plugin/codec for Windows: media player/movie maker?

Hi i am having the dell vostro laptop with the windows 7 as the operating system and also the Intel core 2 duo as the processor, And i am using it from the last few months now and it is serving me the best but the thing is that i am not ale to play the videos with the .flv extension and the thing is that i am not able to watch the videos through the youtube also , i am having the the Hathway internet connection at my home, Do i need to install any codec on to my system to get rid of this problem, Please help me to solve this, Also let me know which codec plug ins i can use.

Re: flv plugin/codec for Windows: media player/movie maker?

It seems to me that the media player is not compatible with the fiv files that you are trying play, or the thing here is that it might also happen that the system of yours is not compatible with such sites and does not supports them, So what you have to do is just use the VLC media player that will help you to play such files and also one more thing that i would like to mention here is that there are downloads available on internet that will help you to download and install the VLC media player on to your system.

It seems to me that you haven't tried the windows media player there are lot of edition of the media player for different operating system or i would say that depending on the operating system, So i would suggest you the windows media player 7. Because it contains the Advanced Stream Redirector. The Advanced Stream Redirector (.asx) files, also known as Windows Media Metafiles, are text files that provide information about a file stream and its presentation. ASX files go beyond the simple task of defining play lists to provide Windows Media Player with information about how to present particular media items of the playlist. Windows Media Metafiles are based on XML syntax and can be encoded in either ANSI or UNICODE (UTF-8) format. They are made up of various elements with their associated tags and attributes. Each element in a Windows Media metafile defines a particular setting or action in Windows Media Player.

It seems to me that your system needs a media player that will play such files for you, and according to me your system fulfills the requirements windows Live products and you can use any windows product on to your system and i guess that the media player classic will help you to deal with it and also one more thing to mention here is that the latest version of the VLC media player also play such files easily, But in this can you please sent me the problems that you are facing during playing the video file.

First of all thank you all of you for considering my problem and also fro spending the vital time of yours in finding the solution, The thing is that i am still not able to play that particular video file, so please help me in this case, what actually happens as i play the video file is:
    1. I am not able to close Windows Media Player.
    2. I am unable to resize Windows Media Player.
    3. I am not able to use the transport controls.
    4. I am unable to move the seek bar.

This problem are now appears on regular basis some time i am also not able to play the audio file please help me to solve this one .

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that the media player that you are using is not supporting the or not responding to the file that you are trying to play, So in this case i will suggest you to use the media player classic, it is the best in the business and i hope that it will solve your problem. Here are the some specification of the media player classic which will give you the brief idea regarding it:
    • Publisher- Guliverkli
    • Category - MP3 & Audio Software
    • Launched on- March 29, 2006
    • Operating systems- Windows7, Windows 2000, Windows Vista, Windows NT, Windows XP
    • Subcategory- Media Players
    • Additional requirements- Not available