Thread: Mac OS: Media browser in MS office 2011

Mac OS: Media browser in MS office 2011

I have installed new Microsoft Office 2011 in my PC. I was very sure that it will help me in using the media browsers for various Mac Operations. But now I am facing with the problems in using media browser in the new Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac application. Various applications such as word, PowerPoint, excel crash when I choose to insert a photo in photo browser. The applications crash when I choose any of the media browsers. When I try to insert from the browser the browser after few moments suddenly crashes. And it shows a message send error report window. Please help me out on this issue.

Re: Mac OS: Media browser in MS office 2011

There should not be any problem in working of this various applications in MS Office 2011. I think you must have gone wrong in the way you have installed your new Microsoft Office 2011 in your PC .You must have made some mistakes in the process of installation. What I would suggest is that you uninstall the MS Office 2011 which you have installed before. After that you have to reinstall it following the same procedure which you have used earlier. Once you done with that then you can check out if you can use the various applications. I am sure the reinstallation process will surely help you to get rid of this problem.

The solution provided earlier is true. The process of reinstallation will work and then you can work those various applications. But stretching on that point you also need to get the updates .I have checked for the updates and the updates for office 2011 14.0.1 is available for downloading. So you can visit the website and look for the updates. Because once you get updated on office then there won’t be any problem running those applications. So you just need to get those updates first. I am sure that the update would solve your problem.

There is another solution to this. If the media browser in Word, Excel or PowerPoint crashes the application in the existing account then you have to create a new account. If you create a new account on my Mac, everything will works fine and there won’t be any problem. So for me creating a new user account is the solution. The MS software installation doesn’t have a problem but there must be some problem in the settings of user account. But I am sure that this solution will solve your problem completely.

Thank you for providing me with the solution. I started working on the solution as it was mention. To begin with I started with the reinstallation process of MS office. I followed the same steps which were used before .Once I got done with the reinstallation process I started with the updation process of MS office 14.0.1.This was available and I got the updates. Now there is no problem with the applications that I want to run. I've tried using media browser that is I used iTunes in power point 2011 and it worked perfectly fine.