Thread: Fan RPM Control Software ??

Fan RPM Control Software ??

I have a computer with motherboard P55-UD3R and i use 3 case fans. I have a problem with my Fan RPM. It not properly. Sometime it show high and sometime it show low. I want to control my Fan RPM so if there is any software to control RPM of my fan please reply me as soon as possible. Where i will get this type of software?

Re: Fan RPM Control Software ??

Yes. There is a some software which is use to control Fan RPM. Speedfan is a one of the software which we use for control Fan RPM. My friend give me idea of this software and he told me that this is a really useful software to control Fan RPM. So you try this software and solve your problem.

You are looking for a software which is use to control RPM of fan so for that you have to check the list of software and which is more effective for you. For that you take the help of hardware person, he will guide you and suggest you the software which help you to solve your problem. There is list of software are as follows:-
    1 Gigabyte motherboards: EasyTune 6
    2 Intel desktop boards (older socket 478 etc):Active Monitor and Desktop Control Center.
    3 Intel desktop boards (newer socket 775 etc): Desktop Utilities
    4 Dell Inspiron/Latitude/Precision computers: I8kfanGUI
    5 ASUS motherboards: Q-Fan
    Last edited by Glenny; 20-10-2010 at 12:10 PM.

SpeedFan is software which is use to read voltages, temperatures and speeds of fan. It it use to change fan speeds depending on the temperature. It also monitors S.M.A.R.T. readings for SCSI, SATA, SCSI and EIDE hard disks. It also change the FSB on some hardware. It access digital temperature sensors to change fan speeds.

I had same problem and i try with SpeedFan software. I don't think there is any change. I open my machine and remove fan and check on another machine. My fan stop to work on that machine. Then i also check it on my machine but it don't work. Is there is a problem in my fan? What i have to do for that? Please reply me.

I think now you are facing hardware problem. There is a problem in your CPU fan. You remove your CPU fan and after that your CPU fan stop to work so i think you didn't remove CPU fan carefully and made some mistake. So check your CPU fan and if it not working then replace your CPU fan and use new CPU fan. Be careful whenever you are handling with electronic devices.