Thread: Want to rename batch files with a random name

Want to rename batch files with a random name

Hello,
    I am facing a very bad situation. I have a digital photo frame. The problem is that the digital photo frame which i am having, i use it to see my pictures, but it plays the photos in sequence. I am not able to set it on shuffle. So i am looking to rename the files with a random name for seeing the photos in shuffle. Can any one suggest me some application to do this thing. I am currently in need of help, so please help me out.

Re: Want to rename batch files with a random name

Even i am looking to do the same thing. I am also having the same reason fro doing this try. I have tried one thing that, i had made this shell script which did solved the problem, but it has messed up resource forks and has broken all my jpg files. I would like to have some kind of support on this issue. If any one have some idea relate with this issue please help me out.

Initially i was also facing the same problem on my system as well. I have tried a fix for solving this issue, so you can also try this fix. On the top left corner there is a small icon fro creating a random file names. You can try with this option for making random names fro the files. But i don't think that it batches, but you can still try this out. Hope it helps you. If you have further queries then you reply me back.

I think i have a solution for this problem. I am currently making the use of renamer.exe through VMWare, when i am using this i am able to solve the issue. I am not facing any kind of problem, so even you can try this out as it may even solve your problem. I hope that it will solve your problem. If your problem is not solved by this then you please send me your reply.

I was able to solve the problem by trying a fix so you can even try this out. You need to type JPG in capital letters, with the CD space thing. The things is that all my pics extension are .JPG and not .jpg.You can put this into an automator workflow or an applescript. You can try this out, as it may help you in solving the problem . I hope it will help you.

I have tried your solution. I founded it as a good one. When i tried it, then after i was able to solve my issue. I tried to use renamer.exe through VMWare and it is really helping me in renaming the file. I also tried the solution given by DanielV and even it was working for me . This is my thanks to DanielV and mesterio for providing me such a nice solution. Thanks once again.