Thread: Weird Mac OS X Problem Desktop icons disappeared

Weird Mac OS X Problem Desktop icons disappeared

I am having one issue with the device of mine which is not working properly. My Macbook pro is running with the Mac OSX 10 and today morning when i power on the device i saw that desktop icon disappear. I can not even right click on the screen. I am unable to resolve the issue so finally asking here. If any have gone through this kind of issue then please let me know about the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: Weird Mac OS X Problem Desktop icons disappeared

As per my knowledge there might be chances that the something went wrong with the Desktop Folder on your Mac OS running system. If the Desktop folder in the Mac Os system is got renamed by chance then also you can get this kind of issue and you need to resolved the same by renaming it with the default name then only you can get then desktop Icon back on the screen. So if you can then try the same and see whether this is working for you or not. I hope this will resolve the issue related to the Desktop icon disappearance.

If you ask me regarding the query that you are going through then i thing that it is possible that your Desktop Folder got misplaced by any chance and that is why you are getting the issue with the desktop icon. If you are willing to get it back on the screen then you have to get the desktop folder back. Just use the Finder for searching the Desktop Folder once found then place it on the default location of the system. You can get the finder on the desktop menubar. So this is what i can suggest you just go through the same and see whether it is working for your issue or not. If not then let me know so that i can help you with more of this.

First of all thanks for the quick response regarding my query i.e. "Weird Mac OS X Problem Desktop icons disappeared". After going through the detail given by you i have tried the Finder for looking for the Desktop folder and found the same also on the default location where it has to be. I have also check for the content inside the folder and it has everything that i am expecting but still this all things and icon are missing from the desktop screen. Now i am unable to to find the more solution for same. I have created the new folder and names as Desktop and copied all content to it but that is also not working with the issue of mine. If you can then let me know about some working solution for the same.

OK, If you have already tried the renaming of the Desktop Folder and not getting it work then i think this is the issue related to the user account which you are using. I will suggest you to create the new user account then login to same and see whether this also not working with the desktop icon. If the new user account is not having then problem with the desktop icon then it means that there is something wring with the user account of yours. So there is one solution that you should delete the older account and work with the new User account. Also if nothing from the above replies are working for you and you are getting the same problem then i will advise you to ask about the same to the Apple. As they are the developer and might be having the knowledge regarding any of the issue related to the same.

If nothing from the above replies are working for you and you are getting the issue with the same then i will advise you to go with the restoring of the system to the previous working day which can be only possible with the help of the TimeMachine. TimeMachine is a utility developed by the Apple to restore the system to the previous working day. So if you can then download and install the same from the Apple and restore the system . Also check whether you have installed any third party application which might be the cause of the issue. So try all this and work with the issue which you are getting.I hope this will help you with the same.