Thread: How to install Snow Leopard onto Tiger?

How to install Snow Leopard onto Tiger?

I am having one issue regarding which i need your help. Actually my Macbook Pro is running with the Tiger on it and i wanted to install the Snow Leopard onto the same system. Does it is possible to perform the installation of the Snow Leopard on the Tiger. Also i wanted to know whether this will effect the data saved on the Tiger running machine. I wanted to backup all the data and use that with the Snow Leopard. If you are having the knowledge regarding the same then share with me so that i can perform the same. Thank you.

Re: How to install Snow Leopard onto Tiger?

Apple did not include any binding system in the installation DVD of Snow Leopard that would verify what version of Mac OS X (Tiger or Leopard) the user has. This means that users can also install Tiger Snow Leopard with the DVD only, which I remind you, is $29 at the Apple Store.

This proves once again, Apple has played the card of simplicity, and simply counts on the good faith of its users to buy the version that suits them (I remain convinced that a user should take advantage of Tiger the transition to Snow Leopard to go to the excellent iLife '09, and Mac Box Set, which costs $ 169 and also includes iWork '09, I think is a good opportunity to do so cheaply.

Snow Leopard would take up less disk space than its predecessor, and after testing it on three different Macs, including one old enough, he confirmed the performance gain. It confirms that the user who is perfectly happy with Leopard may well wait to go to Snow Leopard.

Snow Leopard, you can install it from Tiger. That is certainly what we tell AppleInsider through the review of Walt Mossberg, a journalist for the Wall Street Journal Mac. Although it will not be as easy as moving from Leopard to Snow Leopard. So for the upgrade it will be advantageous because it will take to update Tiger for only $29 unlike Leopard, which cost him 100 more. So for those who do not want to make updates to iLife and iWork, it's all profit for them. However I still advise to take this box for those who wish to update Apple tools, because for that price, it gives us the snow leopard only $11. The DVD of Snow Leo (for short) does not just updates. It is possible to do a CLEAN installation or blank if you prefer. Short, but good news on this day.

This is not your average Snow Leopard installation video. I will be using the Snow Leopard 'update' DVD to install Snow Leopard onto my Tiger enabled MacBook. Apple claim that the update DVD for $29 is just for Leopard users who want to upgrade to Snow Leopard. However, this DVD is the full OS and it can be installed on Tiger, Leopard or on a blank hard drive, just like I do in this video. The video is having complete guide for the installation of the Snow Leopard on the Tiger. Here is the video for same i hope you will like to go with the same.
    Snow Leopard on Tiger

How to install Snow Leopard Without A DVD reader? This is the case for MacBook Air users, and for Them There Are some possible solutions: the optical drive for MacBook Air, $ 99, or use Some Other computer (Mac or PC) with a DVD drive and wireless sharing. Showing Finder will open the contents of the disc. Ignore this window, open "Mac OS X Remote Install" and follow the guide (Basically, press ALT while booting the MacBook Air). Below we use the box to see to connect to the WiFi network, select the disk and start the update.

Note:

Option 1: Snow Leopard Install on the current system. It is the method recommended by Apple, and the Easiest and MOST simple. Need You only insert your DVD and follow the upgrade instructions.

Option 2: Clean up your hard disk, leave it at zero (Many Took Advantage of the operating system change to Give a "new beginning" to the team), insert the DVD and choose "Install Mac OS X".

If you are still having any doubt about the installation of the Snow Leopard on the Tiger running system then i will advise you to contact the Apple regarding the issue which you are going through. As they are the developer can help you properly with the same. Also let me tell you the your data back can work easily with the new Snow Leopard operating system that you are looking for. So if you can the try to upgrade to leopard and work with the issue.

First of all thanks for the help that you have given me regarding the issue of mine i have gone through all then replies and now ready to perform the upgrade to Snow Leopard but before proceeding for same i am still having one more doubt that i need to sort out. I have gone through all the detail above but did not found any thing related to the backup of then tiger data that i can restore on Snow Leopard. I have taken the backup on Tiger but not sure that it this will show compatibility with the Snow Leopard or not. If you can then please let me know about the restoring of the backup on the Snow Leopard so that i can perform the same.

In the absence of a day for the release of Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard has seemed a good time to explain step by step all you have to do to Manually move your data (Including Safari bookmarks, Address Book contacts, iCal calendars, the Keychain Access passwords, preferences and email) from our current installation the new operating system. We can also do this process automatically using Time Machine, MobileMe or directly from the installation of the system using the Migration Assistant, but I'm sure I'm not the only advantage enjoyed doing a little cleaning and ensure that the new Leopard will run at peak performance. Indeed, one advantage of doing this process for ourselves is that we can draw a Backup in DVD or copy everything to another hard drive to cover our backs against a possible (though unlikely) apocalypse. The simplest copy all the files you want to keep our user folder (The house icon, also identified by the symbol ~), Where traditionally stored our documents, images, music and movies.

Safari bookmarks are stored in a file called Bookmarks.plist that folder Local ~ / Library / Safari. To copy can drag it to another location by holding down the Option key (so it is copied rather than moved) and then to restore it, overwrite the new facility for our backup.

Another way is to do it by using the Export Favorites ... File menu and then Import Safari bookmarks.