Thread: Hard disk indexing problem while entered "chkdsk"

Hard disk indexing problem while entered "chkdsk"

I have a HP computer with the windows Vista operating system, the hard disk space is 320GB as the internal memory. Yesterday I tried for the indexing of my computer hard disk drive by the system default service which is in the command prompt mode. I enter the command prompt into the search option of the START menu “chkdsk”. It offers me to perform the steps for the indexing. The problem is during the indexing the machine will hangs for a while and will automatically redirect into the normal position; while it freezes for a while it gives a correction error in the screen. I tried many times b rebooting the machine, but get no result. all the drives are sometimes not responding while the system de-fragmantation is running on the machine, though i am using a large number of the RAM in my machine for the smooth running. Any idea on this issue or any fix?

Re: Hard disk indexing problem while entered "chkdsk"

You should start the computer in the safe mode, and then try to indexing the computer. If it will not working then reboot the machine and then go to the system tool under the machine control panel and where you should click on the system de-fragment, by choosing the particular drive or the whole part of the drive. The error that you have mentioned is may sometimes occur by attempting the whole system de-fragment at a once. I suggest you to go for the separate de-frag of the driver, it will may not create any problem during the processing. This procedure may take several times, wait intill the procedure will complete because if you breaks during the execution it will gives you te error message and teh system will not responds anything, it is secure and safety. The indexing of the drive is willing to safe the data and remove the unused data’s which are used for the windows.

Just few days ago I tried to defrag the hard disk of my DELL laptop. But this will also giving the same error message while I tried to defrag the hard disk, I also tried it with the command line argument and by right click on the particular drive of the My Computer. While I tried with the command prompt, it gives me the information that the disk is locked. I restart the machine and again try for the defrag by the same procedure, nothing will happen. How can I do indexing my hard disk drive?

I did this process and it works, and now like to suggest you to go through then steps it may help you to indexing the hard disk. You should first reboot the system and insert the operating system bootable disk into the system drive, and press F8 from the keyboard. Insert the script “attrib C:\windows\system32\autocheck.exe -r -h –s”, into the search option of the start menu, if it terminate successfully then again enter the “ren C:\windows\system32\autocheck.exe autocheck.old” into the search option of the start menu and hit on ENTER. Then type EXIT and press on ENTER. Reboot the window and the command that you entered earlier will execute automatically. Window will load and run the program without any persistent error. Try this, I hope this will help you to indexing the hard disk drive.