Thread: How to type Exponents in MS WORD?

How to type Exponents in MS WORD?

I recently bought a Dell Inspiron notebook which is compatible with the Windows Vista operating system. This operating system is working greats with all the features. Along with that I installed the latest MS Office 2010 into my machine. Now the question is how to write the components into the MS word environment, can anyone tell me? Also I have no such information about the components of the MS word, is there any one who can provide me the information about this topic?

Re: How to type Exponents in MS WORD?

I did this by the simple instruction and it will works to write the component in to the MS word window, this is the combination of a little number where the one number is the less than the first number. These are often use to write the mathematical formulas into the MS word window, it just copy and paste the fonts which are preloaded in to the word application for apply them:
    1.open a new document under Microsoft Word window.

2.Type a first number and the second number that you like to appear as an exponent of the first one . (suppose, if you want to write 7 squared, then type 72 ).

3.Mark as highlight the number you like to appear as the component of the number.

4.Right-click on the highlighted marked number and then click on "Font."

5.Under the "Font" window, check the box which is next to "Superscript" under the "Effects" option tab.

6.Lastly click on "OK".

There is a simple way to write the component, in to the window of the MS word. It will apply by the keyboard; just press the Ctrl and Shift key along with the key that you want as the component of the other. Again if you wants to undo the operation that you applied as the component. Again press the key that you did earlier for the component option (ctrl+shift along with the component key). It will return you in to the normal window. You can also apply the other components by the holding the ctrl key of the keyboard. Release the Shift, and + keys and type the component number key.

I am using a copy of the FrameMaker which is using for the creating the PDF files. So I did this by a little number. I opened the character designer and then choose the script that i want to apply as the component number. It will appears in one of the tab in the screen, the problem is the tabs are not working sometimes, it will vanishes for a while. While I applied the component number it will not appears as the component of ay number. I also try this in the MS WORD, same thing is happens there. Am I using the right way to insert the script? Any suggestion will be appreciated…

There is another step by step process I am giving you for the writing in the Microsoft word window. This is the simplest way to write the component into the word document, I usually use this for the component writing like the mathematical formulas, function and any other componenets.
    1.open the document in the MS WORD application window.
    2. Type the base number, that you want to multiplied by itself.
    3. Insert the exponent number, or the number of times that the base number will be multiplied, don’t give any any space in between the base number and the component number.
    4. Highlight the component number which is in the right side of the real number.
    5. Go to "Format" menu of the MS WORD and then click on "Font."
    6. Click on "Superscript" and click on "OK." The exponent will appear smaller than the base number and placed I the upper right corner of the base number.
    7.Again go to the "Format" menu and choose "Font" again.
    8. Un-check the box which is next to "Superscript" option for any numbers which is the following exponential notation will appear as normal character.