Thread: MSE is scheduled for Friday, but downloads anytime it wants

MSE is scheduled for Friday, but downloads anytime it wants

I am using Microsoft security essentials for the security of my computer to protect it from the threats which can attack it from any type of miss use as from internet Trojans or Spyware can get in to my machine releasing important information of my system and providing the information to some hacker person on other place. The system can also be affected by the bugs and worms in the application which might corrupt the applications and damage the system internally. But when i try to keep the update for Microsoft security essentials on Friday it just update any time and when i tried to cancel it the thing never let me do so. So what can be the solution for my such problem please if anybody have the solution for such problem so that i can fix my problem with Microsoft security essentials update.
    Last edited by LaMarcus; 19-10-2010 at 06:30 AM.

Re: MSE is scheduled for Friday, but downloads anytime it wants

You might have not set the update schedule properly because of which such problem is occurring in your system try to cross check by going to control panel from where you may be having option as Automatic update in which there are many option provided for you based on which you can set on which you can to set the update to be done. just change and set the setting there you will we able to have the changes done and update only on that particular time or date.

I am going through the same problem i have set the Microsoft security essentials update to be scheduled on Friday but i have observed that updates are done on friday as well as it is performs it downloads anytime in any day which i am not able to fix it till now. Not getting exact problem behind such problem i have checked all the settings on my control panel and they are all fine but still problem not resolved.

I think there may be problem with your Microsoft security essentials which is not install properly if it is creating such problem of automatic update download. The solution for such problem is just go for uninstall the Microsoft security essentials and then reinstall it with proper procedure after which your problem may be solved. Other than this you can go for other anti-virus application which may be capable of providing security to your system properly. So just go for the suitable anti virus for your system and your problem may be resolved after that.

If you are not able to fix your problem be the Microsoft security essentials then one thing you can go for just remove application from your computer and use other anti-virus application which will be compatible with your system. Other than this go for the setting for update in control panel where you have the option of automatic update.