Thread: Outlook 2010 - No text is displayed in contacts

Outlook 2010 - No text is displayed in contacts

For three days I use office 2010 and am quite happy. I imported all contacts from outlook 2000 on a file (Contacts.csv) via a USB stick. Unfortunately, all umlauts (ö, ä, ü) and not displayed. Also, these characters are in many emails (not all) that I receive do not appear correctly. To make sure that it is not a mistake to with imported .Pst is, I have this already deleted and reinstalled office 2010 and repaired in addition to SCANPST. Unfortunately did not help. Can anyone hanging out there provide me a tip? Or do I change all the (hundreds) of contacts by hand?

Re: Outlook 2010 - No text is displayed in contacts

It looks like your e-mail profile is damaged, so I would ask you it with a new profile to try. Following steps would be useful for creating new mail profile :
    1. Close all open programs to
    2. Click on "Start" and "System Control"
    3. Eighth in the System Control that the "Classic View" enabled
    4. Now you go to "Mail"
    5. In "mail" you go on "Profile View", there you set now the Outlook profile
    6. Please go to "Add Profile"
    7. Where you give now any profile name one and then go to Next
    8. Now you have your e-mail address and all necessary data to re-enter (you can use your old Outlook you also have to use before) then go to Finish
    9. Now you have to back in the "profile menu" to be, there is now something very important that you continue to use "bottom" Always use this profile in the field below and click on new profile settings. Then click Apply and OK
    10. Close the Microsoft Outlook and then start it again.

I think the Outlook 2000 file had a different encoding. By importing you have corrupted your data file, presumably. I would file again with Scanpst check, I would not really work new e-mail profile to create a - Under Control Panel and profile Send Mail (with waiver on the import csv). You could also edit the CSV again. Your CSV file should be formatted as a table and have a header row (or first row), which defines the fields in your table. Gmail accepts many common header fields (name, e-mail address, etc.). If you are upgrading an existing file, you must not change the header fields likely. If you want to create a new file and need help, you can use the field names used in the following example. Here are some additional instructions that you should consider creating your file from:
    • The file has a field for the e-mail address.
    • The field name can be a single column.
    • Fields can be arranged in any order.

There are two ways to use Microsoft Office Excel data from a text file to import: You can text file in Excel which, or you can text file as an external data range (external data range: A range of data that worksheet imported is in, but from a source outside of Excel dates (such as a database or text file). The data in Excel format or as other data are used for calculations.)
    import. With the Save As command in Excel, you can export data to a text file. There are two commonly used text file formats:
    • Delimited text files (TXT), in which the individual text fields are usually separated by TAB characters (ASCII character code 009).
    • Comma Separated Value text files (CSV), in which the individual text boxes usually by commas (,) separated.

You can change the separator character to be used in comma-separated CSV files and text files. This may be necessary to ensure that runs the import or export process in the desired manner.

If a CSV file is opened in Excel, default settings for the data format used to construe to how the personage columns of data to be imported. If you want to translate the columns into different data formats, a greater degree of suppleness, you can use the Text Import Wizard. For example, the data format to be one column of data in a CSV file MTJ, the default file format in Excel, however, TMJ, or you want to include a column that numbers with leading zeros to convert into text, so that the leading zeros are preserved. To run the Text Import Wizard, you can file extension from CSV to TXT change before you open the file, or import a text file by using a connection file is produced.

After you have changed your computer, the list separator, the new character is used by all programs. Using the same procedure to change the character back again in the standard characters.
    1. In Microsoft Windows, click Start, then Control Panel.
    2. Open the dialog box, Regional and Language Options.
    3. Do one of the following:
      • In Windows Vista, click the Formats tab, and then adapt to this format.
      • If you work in Windows XP, click the Regional Options tab, and then click Customize.
    4. Enter the field list separator is a new separator in.
    5. Click OK twice.