Thread: Problem with Live Messenger, error code 8e5e.... then 80040200

Problem with Live Messenger, error code 8e5e.... then 80040200

I am using the windows live messenger from the last few months and it is serving me the best in fact it never gave me any kind of error what so ever , but from last week i am failing to log in to my account of live messenger rather it is giving me an error of error code 8e5e, and yesterday when i tried to do the same thing then the error code was different and that was totally mismatching the earlier one and the code this time was 80040200. I am not able to do the fixing of it in fact i am not able to understand that why i am not able to log in to the windows live messenger. What should i do know i am helpless, one more thing i would like to mention is that i am using the windows 7 operating system and the processor is of inlet dual core. This are the configuration of mine the thing here is that i have recently assembled my system and i don't want to loose it , please can anyone provide me the exact solution that will help me to get rid of the problem.

Re: Problem with Live Messenger, error code 8e5e.... then 80040200

It seems to me that there is something wrong with the messenger that you are using , because no messenger gives such type of error if there is any settings problem, and i am sure that there is a problem in it because if you are entering the right password then you should be logged in , rather the operating system is denying access to you . so what you have to do in this case is that just reset all the settings of the windows live messenger and see whether the problem still arrives or not.

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that i can help you in this case rather it is not an major issue to deal with what you have to do is just follow the below mention steps to get rid of it :
    • First of all you have to click on the Start button.
    • Then o to the all programs tab of the start menu.
    • once click on the all programs tab then go to the Attachments
    • Then right click on the the attachment and then go to the PROMPT option
    • In that you will find the option Run as Administrator you have to just select that
    • Then click on Continue.

I hope that these steps will logged you on the system as the administrator.

According to me this is the problem that you are facing due to the wrong password that you have entered, what you have did here is that you must have failed to update the password and the user name, The thing here is that you have not validated or updated your user name and the password within the limited period of time, Because on windows LIVE messenger the password must be updated because it expires in 72 days, Te other ting here is that you must have entered a wrong password and the user name more than five times so it must have blocked your id , So if you want back access to your account then you have to just change the username and the password regularly. Which will enable you to update your account regularly and i am sure that you will not face such problems in the future , I hope that this one will help you for sure.

I think that there is a solution for this problem , and i can help you in this , what you have to do here is that just install the firewall which is the most needed and according to me there must be a firewall on your system , Firewall is nothing but protects your system from the unwanted intruders who are trying to disrupt your network accessibility, If a firewall is installed ion to your system then it may have happen that you must not be having the direct access to the internet , and that to if there is an update on your system has occurred recently as mentioned by you. To avoid these scenes you have to clear all the cookies from the internet settings here are the steps that will help you to this and they are as follows:
    1. First of all go to internet
    2. In that you have to select the tools
    3. in tools select Internet option and in that delete files
    4. And then delete all he cookies.