Thread: WL Beta Error 0x80040609

WL Beta Error 0x80040609

I have recently installed the Windows 7 operating system on my Sony laptop and then tired to install the application of the beta 4 on the laptop but the process failed badly and the process was not completed. It provided the error messages and the error code which are 0x80040609 and the same error code occurred so what is the problem in the application and the installation and how i can overcome the issue any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated by me.

Re: WL Beta Error 0x80040609

As you have stated that you are using the windows 7 operating system but it is a 32 bit or a 64 bit and also tell that from where you have downloaded the beta 4 live that you want to install it in the system. The files that are downloaded from the websites other than Microsoft creates a number of the problems as most of the files are corrupted there, so first provide all the information and the error messages that you get at the time of the installation along with the error codes which make it easier to resolve your problem on the beta 4 liver installation on the Windows 7 OS.

I am using the Windows 7 operating system in my laptop which is a 64 bits and the error messages that I get along with the error codes are 0x810400b 'Couldn't set up the installer' which I get at the start of the procedure and then 'you cannot download windows live programs unless you're connected to the internet and after these error code the process of the installation is terminated completely. So, what should I do in order to get the solution any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated by me.

These problem mostly occurs when there is a problem in the Windows Firewall services, as many a time there are a number of the bugs present in the Firewall which does not allow the installation of the software’s in the system. So to overcome this problem you first need to enable the windows Firewall services and then starting it up. Then once you are done after installing the application and then stop it and disable the services again to overcome the problem, if then too the problem exists there so go to the Microsoft website for further help.

The WL beta that you are trying to install may get corrupted at the time of the downland these happens when the download is not completed from the download website as thee may be a problem in the server from where you are trying to download which is the reason for improper installation of the WL beta application of Windows Live. To overcome these problem you need to download the application again from the Microsoft website by going in the download section and download the software completely and do not try to do any thing in the browser when the download is in the process.

These is a frequent problem when you are using the Windows 7 OS with the Live 4 beta version on it. To overcome these issue you have to update the software that is the Windows 7 OS as there has been a problem in the windows files which does not allow the installation of the application and you get a error code messages. For the update you can go to the start menu in the windows 7 OS and then in All programs sections. In All program section select the Microsoft Windows update and it will take you to the update page from where you can select the Frame work 4 update and your OS and Frame work will be updated for the installation of the beta applications.

If you are not able to install the beta 4 applications then you can try the following steps to get the appropriate solution. Apparent the entries in the Windows Installer database by by means of the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility:
    Download and install the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from this site: Click here to download Start the effectiveness/utility. (Click Start, clack All Programs and then tick Windows Install Clean Up.) On the catalog of Installed Products, choose all instances that have (All Users) Windows Live on it. To create certain that you are removing the correct programs, click on one article at a time then click on the eliminate button until all entries with (All Users) Windows Live are deleted from the catalog. Click to select the "Exit." Button. Resume your laptop to formulate certain that all changes complete will take consequence. Download Windows Live fundamentals by going to explore.live.com.