Thread: Synchronization issues with Live Sync

Synchronization issues with Live Sync

I have the beta and in use Live Sync and am actually quite pleased. However On computer A, I chose to sync a folder on my D drive partition. This folder appeared on computer B is not on drive D partition, but under C: / Users / username /. However I am on the 2nd wanted to have the same computer folder structure, I've moved the folder on the D drive partition. Sync realized this does not seem correct or has in the synchronization, moved some files on computer A and B in the trash. I believe this is a serious misconduct to be here because I may have lost data, if I had not noticed. Is this behavior normal? Can you set the path somewhere, put under any sync a folder on the second computer is, or is it done automatically at drive C? Also I am not having enough knowledge about the Windows Live Sync. So please provide some more information about it.

Re: Synchronization issues with Live Sync

You can use the automatic. Synchronization off. Go into the Control Panel. Scheduled Tasks (task scheduler) and disable the task User_Feed_Synchronization. Also running: \ windows \ system32 \ msfeedssync.exe sync Disable c. In HiJackThis log should no longer show up two entries are:
    • O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C: \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ browseui.dll
    • O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C: \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ browseui.dll

What I lack in the new Windows Live Sync is the ability symbolic folder (MKLINK/D) to sync, which worked with the old sync yet. This was very useful because the folder structure you then sync Optimized could build without compromising on the work for the folder structure must be cherished. Eg :
    • D: \ Share
    • D: \ Share \ Projects
    • D: \ Share \ Projects \ Project1 -> symbolic link to D: \ Projects \ Project1
    • D: \ Share \ Projects \ Project 3 -> symbolic link to D: \ Projects \ Project 3

Other projects are not even synchronized, for example.

Microsoft already has its service in December set FolderShare. This was the new Windows Live Sync replaced. Sync with Windows Live you can access from any location on your files. Windows Live Sync is a free service that lets you synchronize files between computers, friends or colleagues to share and can use any computer with Internet access. If you have multiple computers, you can create personal folders to synchronize files between them. When you create a shared folder on your computer and make a connection with this, you can also share files with friends or colleagues. Only you and people you have invited can view files in your synchronized folders and access them. To use Windows Live Sync to sync, you need a Windows Live ID. If you have a Hotmail or MSN e-mail address, you already have a Windows Live ID.

I would like to provide more information about the Windows Live Sync.
    • Sync with Windows Live you keep all your files up to date
    • Sync with Windows Live you can mirror your important folders such as Favorites, images and documents so that you are the same on all your computers.
    • Files can be released as easy as never before.
    • Sharing with friends, colleagues and family is easy when you file to a shared folder to add and update. Large files are no problem: Windows Live Sync can edit files up to a size of 4 GB. It is also equally suitable for PC and Mac.
    • Get your files when you are out.
    • Install Windows Live Sync on your computer to access files from anywhere.