Thread: Size of update Definitions 4 to 5mb daily

Size of update Definitions 4 to 5mb daily

I am using Microsoft Security Essentials from couple of weeks now it is great security measure to protect machine from different kind of malicious software program like virus, Trojan etc. It protect machine from such threats which can harm the system in many ways which may result in slow down the system and crash it but if use Microsoft Security Essentials this may not harm the system as such. To ensure that it is updated i have automatic update enable for which i have to update regularly for which it provide with update file of 4 to 5 Mb i think it quite large as i have to update it daily and size goes on increasing. So i want to know what can it be because of which its size is that much.

Re: Size of update Definitions 4 to 5mb daily

I think your concern about update file size of Microsoft Security Essentials is just wrong as it can be large enough between the size of 4 to 5 Mb. Your work is done by updating and loading the file, i think you need not to worry about the size of update file as your machine to have the space to store that much file in the memory for update file. Just load the files for update files for Microsoft Security Essentials to protect your machine from harmful malicious software program which might harm your system. So don't go for the size of the file as your work is done with any size of update file.

The problem is that i daily do the updates for the Microsoft Security Essentials if the size of the update file is 4 to 5 Mb then it keeps on increasing on day by day so i think this is not the feasible size for any update file. I think it better if you go for the update automatically for which you need not have load the file and then load it in your system. So keep the Microsoft Security Essentials updates as automatic.

Update to your Microsoft Security Essentials is done in order to keep the track of all latest malicious software program which can create multiple problem in your machine. You need to update it regularly to avoid such kind of malicious software program I think the size of the update file is based on how much codes it contain to tackle the problem which can occur through malicious software program.

There should not be any issue of update file size because the thing that update file is doing is that it is updating your Microsoft Security Essentials to make your system capable of securing your system from many threats which will harm your system. So i think just update your Microsoft Security Essentials for latest security code and forget about the size of its size.