Thread: Unable to start a mail program for my scanner to Windows Live Mail

Unable to start a mail program for my scanner to Windows Live Mail

I have recently switch over to the Windows 7 operating system and when i tried to send a image from the Windows Live Mail it failed badly. It was in the PDF format which i had converted and scanned by using my Canon scanner LiDE100 which i purchased last Friday. It tried to send the files from the Windows Live with that it worked very fine and there was not a problem in the procedure. So, what is the problem with this and how can i overcome these trouble any suggestion on the given problem will be helpful to fix the problem and also provide me with the format that are supportable with the Windows Live mail.

Re: Unable to start a mail program for my scanner to Windows Live Mail

As you have mentioned that you are using the Windows 7 operating system so ten you have to make some chances in the settings when you are a Vista or a 7 OS user, for that you need to follow the below steps;
    • Go in the Control Panel

• Then select the Programs and then the Default Programs

• From the Default programs select the Set Program Access and the Computer defaults

• After that you have to select the Custom and then select the Windows Live Mail

• There are chances that there will be already selected default but you need to make it as default by selecting it again, this will resolve your problem of the Windows Live Mail not sending the image files.

As you have mentioned above that the steps will provide the solution but when i tried them they failed badly. The settings was not of the use and the images of the PDF format are not working properly there. So, what is the issue with that and how can i overcome the problem any suggestion on the topic will be appreciated to overcome the problem.

There seems to be a problem in the Windows Live Mail that you have installed on the system which is causing the problem for you. There are chances that the Windows Live Mail that you have installed has got corrupted, so you need to replace the application from the Microsoft website in the download section and then try to install the application and send the message along with the images in the Windows Live Mail, if then too the problem exists contact the customer care support desk of the Microsoft.