Thread: How do I turn off automatic updating of security essentials?

How do I turn off automatic updating of security essentials?

I am using computer system with windows XP operating system in it I am facing multiple problem while working with it as my computer when I surf internet loading a page takes very much time like regular it use to take and sometime when I try to type on address bar the cursor doesn’t move there and sometime web pages freeze at particular page. When I tried to find the problem I found that it was because of Microsoft Security Essentials downloading an update which is creating such things happen in my machine. When I tried to cancel the download I was unable to do so because the option was grayed out and the status of download shows “almost done” but it takes longer time to complete because of which I am not able to pursue with my work so I want to turn off the automatic update of security essentials which can be the solution for this problem.
    Last edited by Rafftar; 19-10-2010 at 03:18 AM.

Re: How do I turn off automatic updating of security essentials?

You can turn off your automatic update of security essentials for that just go to the Control Panel there you have option as Automatic Updates and there you can change Automatic Updates settings for your Windows Automatic Updates to download and notify or download and install at particular scheduled time if not that then you can off it but this will be not beneficial and i recommend you not off your automatic update of security essentials because after which your computer will be in the risk of malicious software programs attack.

For your problem with internet explorer not able to load page properly of frizzing can be because of you are try to completely disable the Windows Automatic Updates service which is harmful for your system. But i think updates for Microsoft Security Essentials should not have any issue for your internet explorer working in that slow condition so this problem may with your internet connection which is down at that point of time so your browser is behaving like that. You should not have any problem with the single update in the single day so if possible resolve your internet provider for internet signals. So i think this solution will help you to fix the issue of your with your browser and machine work going slower.

I am also using Microsoft Security Essentials for which i have automatic updating turned ON. I think turning off the Automatic Updates of Microsoft security essentials is a very stupid thing to to because it can harm the security of your system. If you don't update your Microsoft security essentials then your computer security can be easily breached by any harmful software program such as virus, Trojan or any malicious program. So i think you should search any other solution for other than off the automatic update.

I think your problem with page not loading properly and address bar is not active when you try to go for the typing address in it. This problem of yours can be because of your browser problem so better to resolve this problem you move to latest version of internet browsers such as internet explorer 8, opera mini 5 and Mozilla Firefox etc. On other issue if you want to off your automatic update for security essentials then you should use other security to protect your machine from the malicious software applications.