Thread: please wait while windows configures microsoft office professional plus 2010

please wait while windows configures microsoft office professional plus 2010

Hi i am using the windows 7 as the operating system and the Intel dual core as the process, Recently i have installed the Microsoft office 2010 onto my system and the thing is that in the early period it was working fine but as now a days i am facing the problem that as i open the outlook to perform any operation than it tends to give me an error message, i am getting this error from the last week and also not able to fix it. The actual thing is that ass soon as i click on the icon of office i am getting this error message saying that "please wait while windows configures Microsoft office professional plus 2010" Also till not i am not able to understand what kind of error it is also not able to fix it, Also the thing i would like to mention is that i am using the Sony wio laptop and i have recently purchased it also i have downloaded the MicrosoftOfficeover the net, and i am not knowing whether the copy is fine or not, Please help me in this case to solve the problem.

Re: please wait while windows configures microsoft office professional plus 2010

It seems to me a quite unusual error message that you are getting and also the thing is that i think that i can help you in this case , i guess that there are problems with the Office that you are using i guess that while installing you have made some mistakes or it may have also happen that your installation process was not proper and that is the reason why you are getting this errors, what i want you to do is just make sure that the installation has been done proper if not then do it again. i hope that this one will solve your problem

Re: please wait while windows configures microsoft office professional plus 2010

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that there is nothing wrong with the system that you are using rather the problem lies in the version of office that you are using, i am afraid the you are using the beta version of the office which is not good, so what you have to do is get rid of this beta version as soon as possible, Because the beta versions are tend to have such problem in them since they are the trial one and are given to the users to see whether there are bugs in it or not, So i suggest you to uninstall the this version and install the original one and i am sure that you will not face any kind of problem in it.

To fix this particular problem forever what you have to do is just clear the registry key , or by giving the registry key permissions, what you have to do is if you will change the registry key permissions then it will give you some applicant sort or related errors. And once you are through this error then it is confirmed that there are problem in the registry settings of yours so what you have to do is just change the whole registry settings and make sure that none of your data looses because sometimes changing the registry settings may lead to the loss of data. And for that you have to keep back up so that your data remains intact.

I was facing the similar problem and it seems to me that you have also stucked in one of it so to fix this problem what you have to do is mentioned in the below steps:
    • First of all you have to clear the all the logs that are present in the eventviewer.
    • To clear this you have to visit the following path and then delete the path because you will fin\d the same in this memory location: Windows Logs\Application.
    • After this what you have to do is just run the Microsoft Office and i ma sure that it will give you and perfect definition of the problem and where the problem actually lies, and for that you have to look at the "Application" logs within Event Viewer.

It seems to me that there are some settings that need to me set to get rid of this problem, what i want you to do is just follow the below steps and also make sure that you won't miss any of them,
    • First of all uninstall all the Office versions that are available on to your system if any
    • Then what you have to do is clean out all the reminders of Office
    • To clean this you have to just use take help from Microsoft official sie
    • Now what you have to do is just install the office 2010
    • Make sure that you won't install the beta version.
    • Delete all the profiles of old office
    • Then you have to start the Office in the safe mode

This problem occurs if the Office shortcuts have been moved to a different location than the All Programs menu, where they are installed by default. For example, after you install Office you create a new sub folder (perhaps named Microsoft Office Apps) and move the Office shortcuts to the new sub folder. When a program is used, a shortcut is created on the Most Recently Used (MRU) area of the Start menu. The shortcut on the MRU links to the shortcut in the new sub folder (Microsoft Office Apps in this example). When you upgrade to Office 2003 or Office 2007, Setup assumes shortcuts for previous Office versions will be located on the All Programs menu. Therefore, Setup does not find the shortcuts in the custom sub folder. Additionally, Setup does not update the shortcuts on the MRU. The shortcuts on the MRU list will still point to the previous version of the Office program. This problem does not occur when you use the Classic version of the Start menu because the Classic Start menu does not have an MRU list.